Why is it considered shallow/rude to not like women that have multiple piercings, tattoos, or fake hair/eyebrows?

I personally think that piercings (anything not on the ear lobes) are not attractive. I also don't like tattoos nor dyed/fake hair or eyebrows. I just think that it's trashy, self-mutilating, and is un-professional. Thus, I don't really find women with these features to be attractive. I might be okay with maybe a belly button piecing or a couple extra on the ears, and I might be okay with a small memorial tattoo that's easily hidden, but that's about it. However, when I voice this preference I almost get attacked but flame-tipped arrows for it. It seems that people (women mostly) find a preference for clean women to be misogynistic, rude, shallow, etc. as though I'm supposed to like it by default. I also always get the "Not all women with tatts/piercings are trashy" person who speaks the truth but completely misses the point. I have found plenty of women who fit my preference (my ex and some crushes being a few) since they're the majority. Why is it considered wrong to not like women with these things?

Most Helpful Girl

• It shouldn't be. There's nothing wrong with having a preference. Don't let others tell you otherwise.

What Girls Said 8

• I'm okay with that preference. i respect your opinion. i do think however that maybe the reason u get 'attacked' for it is because it is something that's becoming popular, so maybe people can't believe u rule all those things out.

i do believe multiple piercings, tats, dyed hair, makeup etc whatever, can look incredibly elegant when a woman actually knows what the heck she's doing [most don't, shots fired], to the point where even those can blend in to look 'natural'.

regardless, anyone who can't handle a difference of opinion really needs to get themselves checked. don't think of it as right or wrong. there's nothing wrong. who's to say what's right and wrong lol? we live in a society with different perceptions. yours is just another one and that's ok :)

• there's is nothing wrong! You like what you like! I like chubby guys haha is there something wrong with wanting someone equal? NOPE!

• I don't know. But I don't really like people with crazy piercings or tattoos either. Not that I don't like them, just not attracted to them.

• People nowadays just think that if you have preferences you're immediately shallow. If you voice your preferences anyway. There's nothing wrong with liking certain types of people but I guess it may hurt some people since they aren't somebody's 'cup of tea'. People's confidence is pretty easy to shatter and if they hear somebody doesn't like even one detail about them they'll think everything else is wrong with them.

• Who do you get attacked by? Women with multiple piercings, tattoos, or fake hair/eyebrows?

• Usually yeah

• Ah I see. Nobody likes to be told that someone already decided within seconds even before speaking to you that they do not like you.

• You can like whatever you like. Seems a lot of guys don't like piercings

• I see nothing wrong with that opinion. It's your personal preference and it should be respected.

• it's really ugly and unfeminine

What Guys Said 1

• Because people expect you to be completely tolerant of them while they are completely intolerant of others.