What goes through your mind?

I'm in a 3 and a half year relationship with my boyfriend. Every now and then, I find myself feeling a little insecure. But I know I have a great guy who's committed, faithful, ethical, and all that good stuff. Sometimes though, I just really wish I could read his mind when he sees a hott girl. We even share a friend who I think is gorgeous and I wonder what he's thinking when she's in view. He tells me any girl no matter what they look like are just ordinary girls to him and I have nothing to worry about. But, is that really how it is?

Guys, if you truly love your girlfriend. But are in the presence of or merely see a hott girl. What goes through your mind? Thoughts about the girl and your girlfriend? Anything your girlfriend should be worried about?

Most Helpful Guy

• You probably have nothing at all to worry about, but he may still take notice. It's hard not to. He's not shopping for a newer model, but the girls walking around with healthy features and scant clothing don't exactly look like furniture. Keep in mind too that he knows there are better looking guys with muscles, flashy cars or a position of power. He wouldn't want you drooling over the guy, so he's going to respect that you don't want him doing the same. I have several stories about noticing girls. Too keep this short, I had a girlfriend who was everything to me, but insecurity consumed her and became the reason we split up. Did I look now and then? Sure. But more times than not, I was picturing how my girl would look in an outfit like that. Other times I was staring into space and never noticed a girl. But it was always assumed that I was looking and it got old real fast. I hope that helps.

What Guys Said 3

• I can't stress how much guys really do love their GF but they don't trust them. For me I was in a 3.5 year relationship (she broke up w/me) but she was always insecure. It is hardwired into guys to look for an attractive mate. It is but the difference is he chose you! If he was really looking then he probably would have broken up with you. I always use the analogy of Michelangelo's David sculpture. I like the sculpture and look at it. Just because the character is naked and I like it doesn't mean I'm gay or have sexual fantasies it just means I acknowledge the art of the statue. For me looking at women it's the same way. I see that they are pretty and by some standards they may even be sexually more attractive than the girl I'm going with (brutally honest here). However if it came right down to choose I would pick the girl I'm with because she would have that glow that just seems right to be with.

• Your guy is totally committed to you! But you can't expect him not to look. If he enjoys beauty then he has to look. This doesn't mean he doesn't love you any less. Beauty is only skin deep. He loves you for the whole package; your outer beauty, inner beauty, and personality. I agree with Rafael151, when he says how he reacts in situations. A lot of the time, we don't notice that girl like you do, or we do picture you in the same outfit as that girl. If you do continue to feel insecure and not trust him, he will get tired of it and leave. Feel good knowing he only wants you no matter what walks by.

• Looking doesn't mean anything. There may be a fleeting thought of "I'd love to bang that" but it usually disappears when she goes around the corner. Nothing to worry about.

What Girls Said 2

• If he really loves you and he's never cheated on you, he's probably just looking at them. Most guys who are truly in love with their girlfriends will not cheat on them. If you see a hot guy, do you look? If so, it doesn't mean you aren't in love with your boyfriend, does it? You could try asking him about it.

• I know what your talking about. I sometimes feel that way. Like he's such an amazing person, that any girl would be lucky to have him. I feel self conscious at times, when he and I are together and pretty girls walk by; I wonder if he notices them and stuff. I guess the only thing we can do is be lucky that we have good guys, and treat yourself to getting your nails done or to tanning or shopping once in awhile. He loves you for you, and he wouldn't be with you if that wasn't true. :]