What color should I dye my hair?

I really want to go a darker color but I don't know what color to dye it! I'm pretty sure I have a cool skin tone and I also have very fair skin. If you're using my profile picture as a refference to my skin tone, note that that is a picture at the very end of summer when I had a full tan. Also note that I don't tan well, lol. Anyways, I'll post a picture on here to show my skin tone and hair color at the moment. Also, I've never dyed my hair before and I'm really nervous because I wanna go pretty dark. I'm in 8th grade and that's the time to experiment, right? I know people say to only go about 2 or 3 shades darker than your natural hair color, but I think I wanna go darker than that. I just really want opinions from someone who knows what they're talking about, I don't really trust my friends with this kind of thing. Thanks ahead of time for any help!
What color should I dye my hair?

By the way, I mean natural hair colors, i. e. browns and blacks. I just don't know what shade, there are so many!

Most Helpful Guy

• The thing you'll want to keep in mind is that you have very nice eyes, and some colours will bring that out, while some will dull the contrast a bit. Avoid going just a bit darker, as you can end up with a mousey brown, and that doesn't work as well for blue eyes. Black can be a nice, strong contrast, but it could make your skin look more pale in comparison. Which is a desired outcome for some, but possibly not what you are wanting. So I would probably go with a dark red or rich auburn.

Or something ombre could work well. Something like a copper glow ombre, with a copper base colour trailing to a more golden blonde tips. That would look really good with your eyes, skin tone, and face shape actually. So that would be my vote, I think.

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 8

• I think you look amazing the way you are, but if you insist on dying your hair, definitely do not go too dark. You'll regret it. Only tan people can pull off dark hair. If you have pale skin and dark hair, the contrast looks too drastic. And in comparison to your dark hair, your skin will look sickly. Trust me, you don't want that.

You look great as a blonde, but if you dye it, don't go any darker than a light brown (sort of copperish color). Or if you're feeling wild, get some bright red, blue, or purple highlights. Maybe even pink.

• Blue 🙃 Or rainbow yeah I think I like rainbow

• bleach blonde

• b. l. a. c. k...

• Raven black would make your eyes really pop, though you'd have to add some colour to your face.

• Try the colour of your eye brows, you'll probably find you'll look quite natural

• Green or pink.

• Medium brunette!

What Girls Said 7

• The color you have it right now it perfect.
    I don't have any other suggestions because that looks the best for your skin tone, in my opinion.

• Pink? maybe?

• I think you would look amazing with dark red hair... like a burgundy mixed with dark brown.

• I think burgandy would look really pretty with your eye color and skin tone!

• I think dark blue will suit you, it'll match your eyes 😃

• I think you would look good in brown hair

• I like your current one. But red would also look good on you.