Why do some people's eyes have an orange/gold/yellow ring around the pupil?

I need to know for a school project and it's usually the people with green, blue or gray eyes that have this.

Also, my eyes are green but around the pupil it's noticeably orange...it's really odd because I don't really know what my eye color is because of this. Is it orange? Is it green?

Thanks!

Most Helpful Guy

• Without researching anything I'll just take a guess. If I remember right there was pigmentation inside the eye anterior (the retina is posterior) so that the light that entered through the pupil would be more focused on the retina/fovea instead of bouncing around the inside of the eye. Since blue and green eyes are on people with naturally less pigmented skin I guess that there is also less pigment inside the eye, which means their eyewalls have a higher albedo that allows some of the light that enters the eye to scatter back out of the pupil instead of being mostly absorbed...especially since orange/amber light has a longer wavelength and would get scattered less than blue/violet light.

Now I'll submit this answer and try to research if I was right or if I am a moron ...brb

• Hmm, that actually makes sense

• Yeah, I think they are mistaking it with jaundice too. I just don't understand why people with brown eyes don't have that at all. I have yet to meet someone with brown eyes who has a different colored ring around their pupil.

• I have dark brown eyes, with the orange tint around my eye and also a blue one, not only people with colored eyes have these rings😣

What Guys Said 3

• Oh people, you have no idea. Iridology is not crap it was taught on Cambridge as well before they this ancient technique was replaced by pharmacy and all modern diagnostic methods like CT and MRI which can only tell you what is going on in your body when you already have a disease or another problems. These methods can barely tell you what problems you are going to have if you for example won't stop eating crap corporation supermarket poor nutrition value food. This would not be so popular for economy or pharmacy would be? Just think about that. Yes I am iridologist and I can tell you it works ancient Egyptians knew it too, that's why they wrote the longest (150 m) papyrus about this science..it's in Kairo you can look it up.

Now back to the question orange is indeed problem with digesting carbohydrates. People usually feel heavy after high carb intake (more than others). The reasons can be many. Something is in the way of digesting these carbs..it can be helliobacter infection in stomach or it can be pancreas not providing enough of enzyme or it can also be liver not doing it's job of breaking down and maintaining the level of sugars. If the orange ring is just around (and very close) the pupil area your problems are originated in the stomach itself. If you want to know more just email me.

Have a nice day.

Peter (diagnosemyiris@gmail.com)

• I can't really give an answer I have 3 distinct eye colors that all stand out my Iris is a pale blue color then there is a forest green around my pupil and around the forest green is a striation circle of pure gold I have looked and never found any other eyes quite like mine also my eyes are hazel. I have yet to find out what causes my yellow my best guess is the blue and green colliding and forming the circle of gold on the outer area of the green area while still being in the main color blue.

• It's their Rinnegan.

What Girls Said 3

• My 2 month old has golden rings around his pupils and his eyes are brown. His doctor brushed it off like there's nothing to worry about but I'm afraid it may be the result of an underlying condition because I've never seen this before, especially in African Americans. Should I press him harder to get him to test him for something or am I just worrying for nothing?

• Im not really sure what it means I have a orange ring around my eyes and my eyes change colers but im going to say its because something maybe happened to them when they were little I know it might not make much scence but think about it k? thanks

• what ever color your eye is mostly, is your eye color. I have several friends with the yellow ring. the rest of their eye is blue/green though.