www.beautifulpeople.com is an exclusive dating website. In order to be a member of this website, you have to fill out an application and then in the next 48 hours, members of the website will vote on whether you are attractive enough to grant you a membership, or deny you. Statistic say that one in five applicants are granted membership.
Recently about 5000 members had their memberships revoked because they gained weight over the holiday season.
Website founder, Robert Hintze commented: "As a business, we mourn the loss of any member, but the fact remains that our members demand the high standard of beauty be upheld, letting fatties roam the site is a direct threat to our business model and the very concept for which BeautifulPeople.com was founded."
- It tries to uphold impossibly high standards of beauty for both men and women.33% (2)0% (0)18% (2)Vote
- They're great, I may attempt to join myself.0% (0)20% (1)9% (1)Vote
- This is a form of prejudice.50% (3)20% (1)36% (4)Vote
- I agree with their concept, but not with their practices.17% (1)20% (1)18% (2)Vote
- Hail to the Fat people!0% (0)40% (2)19% (2)Vote
Most Helpful Guy
honestly I find it a little silly and wouldn't ever try and join it myself . I find I actually meet a fair bit of beautiful women in real life anyways and some of them are pretty hot . no I'm not desperate for some online fantasies or long distance things . I'm sure the women on the site be hot but they'd have such high standards they'd never date me anyways1