How do you feel about the Beautiful People website?

www.beautifulpeople.com is an exclusive dating website. In order to be a member of this website, you have to fill out an application and then in the next 48 hours, members of the website will vote on whether you are attractive enough to grant you a membership, or deny you. Statistic say that one in five applicants are granted membership.

Recently about 5000 members had their memberships revoked because they gained weight over the holiday season.

Website founder, Robert Hintze commented: "As a business, we mourn the loss of any member, but the fact remains that our members demand the high standard of beauty be upheld, letting fatties roam the site is a direct threat to our business model and the very concept for which BeautifulPeople.com was founded."

Thoughts?

• It tries to uphold impossibly high standards of beauty for both men and women.
  • They're great, I may attempt to join myself.
  • This is a form of prejudice.
  • I agree with their concept, but not with their practices.
  • Hail to the Fat people!

Most Helpful Guy

• honestly I find it a little silly and wouldn't ever try and join it myself . I find I actually meet a fair bit of beautiful women in real life anyways and some of them are pretty hot . no I'm not desperate for some online fantasies or long distance things . I'm sure the women on the site be hot but they'd have such high standards they'd never date me anyways

What Guys Said 7

• If people want to damn themselves to shallow, meaningless relationships, why should I care?

As for people who are getting p*ssed over the "discrimination": it's a private organization. They can include or exclude anyone they want. Hooray first amendment! Getting upset over this is like getting p*ssed because the neighbor kids won't let you into their tree fort. There are far worse collectives of douche bags in the world we should be way more concerned about.

Also, if it makes you feel any better, the founder is a damn dirty hypocrite. Look at his mug!

link

• Disagree with it entirely.

Its on the same level as those millionaire dating sites, where the guy has to be filthy rich in order to join, while women can join only for a small fee. Ie, dating sites for gold diggers. This type of behavior should not be encouraged.

• Sounds like a website that Derek Zoolander would make

• Prejudicial imo. Beauty isn't earned so judging people based on it is not so cool.

But hey, I guess it's no different than any other sort of exclusive dating site.

• Personally, I think it's laughable that people are so vain as to make a group like this. Despite that, I agree with avksx in that it is a private club, and they are allowed to accept anyone they please. In that regard, it's no different than a country club or something of that nature, except that admission is based on looks. They can do what they want, but I don't want any part of it.

• How about Shallowpeople.com? Jackasses.com? That's pathetic. Interesting, yet unbelievably, no, wait, believably stupid concept.

• I've heard of this. It's pretty funny.

What Girls Said 3

• I find it stupid that the people joining the website are totally commited to any relationship building to be based entirely on looks. I can see the attraction of the website and everything but I find it pretty shallow and would find it hard dating guys on there as the standard would be so high. If people want to build their lives on who's good looking and who's not - they're living in some sort of online fantasy and should look deeper into the person, not just see the outside.

• hahaha, it's for the typical sociopath that is looking for other sociopaths to like them.. what a joke!

• Oh yes! Its called Raynords Syndrome. I have it. A blood circulation thing.