Are 'chocolate' diamonds really just flawed or dirty diamonds disguised to radiate a uniform and lovely cocoa color?

Is the fashion industry just capitalilizing on our love for both sparkly gemstones and sweet, heavenly chocolate?

More importantly, should we all be boycotting diamonds because of the way they are mined? It's an abusive, bloody, dark industry, but so few want to acknowledge that.

• Yes, chocolate diamonds are a way for jewelers to push flawed diamonds
  • No, chocolate diamonds aren't flawed; they are beautiful in their own way
  • The whole diamond industry should be boycotted, they have manipulated us for long enough

Most Helpful Guy

• They aren't flawed but they are common. Chocolate diamonds, also known as Brown diamonds, are the most common color for diamonds. Basically the whole thing is a scam to get people to pay high prices for a common diamond. Stay away from the name brand jewlers... KAY, Jared etc.

What Guys Said 7

• If I'm not mistaken, chocolate diamonds are all artificial, i. e. man made.

• I actually feel they are genuine quality diamonds and their color is more rare

• I wouldn't doubt it. Also do they come from conflict areas? I read somewhere that over 90 percent of diamonds sold in America are conflict.

• It all depends on the company exporting them. If you ever want to buy real conflict-free diamonds, search online and you have a lot of places where you can get them. But yes, like human trafficking, sex slavery, child pornography and all those "unreported worlds" the traffic of diamonds is a dark industry.

• @Wynstelle that's why i just stay away from it lol... that and gemstones aren't my taste in jewelry... and I'm poor

Ok between our two posts in sufficiently sad now lol

• You are right! LOL.

• I don't know and I'm Jared aka he went to Jared

• I am curious what's up with the chocolate diamonds too

• If it has a flaw then it is not a diamond. It's like saying gold and gold plated. Stay away and don't waste your money. Unless you really like them, then buy one.

• I got a certified Canadian diamond for my fiancĂ©e.

But yeah, diamonds are not really valuable.

What Girls Said 2

• I mean, diamonds range in colour from yellow to white to red, depending on the inclusions within the carbon lattice. Brown diamonds are very common. Diamonds are quite common anyway; carbon is the most abundant mineral in the universe (or at the very least on earth) so they shouldn't be as expensive as they are. That's the artificial scarcity created by the De Beers company for ya.

• You're talking about black diamonds.