Why is she doing this?

I like this girl, we have been friends for a month but when we talk she won't make eye contact and then she will leave quick with her friend. Should I back off? We text almost everyday for a long time. I don't understand how she can talk to me fine there but then barely speaks when I'm actually there.

Most Helpful Girl

• she might just be shy, textin and stuff is easier, you can be different...like you can be what and who you want to be and this can give you more confidence. I was the exact same with my boyfriend at first we would tx all the time and talk on the phone, but when I was with him in person I would be soo quiet and hardly talk. I was like that for a few weeks even after we got together. Now he can't shut me up. what I'm tryin to say is the more time you spend around her the better it will get. If she didn't want anythin she would spend all her day texin you and stuff. hope that's help a little bit.

• Yeah like I know what your sayin. But she talks a lot then I come and she stops.

• Your might be readin to much into this, just let it go a little and give her time to come out of her shell. U'll be surprised :) or you could try just askin her about it?

What Girls Said 2

• just scared to look in your eyes, because if she looks at them, then you make contact with her's and if she blushes she doesn't want to show you. I soemtimes get scared or worried when I look into my crush's eyes, because I scared of my reaction or expression will be and then when I look it gives me butterflies.

• shes probably just shy. I would ask her why she does that. it's always better to confront the person than to jeep it to yourself.

What Guys Said 1

• Shes prob shy and nervous around you, like she doesn't want to say stuff around you just in case she said it out wrong or in a stupid way. People are more confident when its behind a screen, because there's no eye contact or facial expression to show. When people say silly things in text, they can just type "lol" at the end and start another subject. If its up front and personal however, she can blush, be embarased and it shows. It gives oppotunity for other people around her to think less of her, especially when its a guy she likes.

Summerfruit is right, give it time and be around her more. If you want, you can joke around and say silly things too. Say things like you would say in your texts, she will think things like tht don't bother you and she will be more open.