Ever feel like you look too young?

well I'm 20 about 175 cm tall, I moved in Australia last year, every time I go clubbing or in a bar they refuse to serve me drinks or repeatedly ask for id. Sometime it suck so bad when you're out with friends and because you can't make it through you are left alone. Looking too young affect both my social life and self esteem...

whether its at uni, work or dating life ... looking too young suck ass.

thanks guys... anyway 3 weeks ago I shaved my hair... to look older and because its freaking hot here ... yeah the jokes on me now

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm 21 and I look like I'm about 14 or 15 years old. I always get carded not just at bars but sometimes when I go to see rated R movies, I've airport security tell me I don't need to use my fake at the airport, I just stopped getting packs of crayons at restaurants 3 years ago because people thought I'd be ordering off the kids menu, I've been asked if I'm old enough to drive, and when I got to college freshman year they tried to check my sister into my dorm because she looks older than me and I'm 5 years older than her. So yeah I have to agree looking young sucks.

• Omg! You sound just like me! The same exact thing happened to me when I checked into my dorm my freshman year.

I hate when I get kids' menus too - especially when I read one and it says "For kids 10 and under".... I know I look young but not that young!

What Girls Said 11

• Ok I totally understand I'm 22 years old and I'm only 4ft 10in tall and I look like I'm about 14 years so I totally get it and yes it does suck so bad and yea sometimes I get down in the dumps about it but I've pretty much come to terms with it I can't change it and I really don't think I would if I could it is apart of who I am and I love that it has shown me that people are sometimes too quick to judge and underestimate a lot and now that I see that I always try not to ever judge someone by the way the look on the outside and I'm so happy I am not the only one with this problem so next time this happens just try to laugh it off have a good time and after the person cards you and they realize they were wrong they are the one's looking like a jackass

• Hi wickedheart

Don't let it get to you. I look like I'm 17 even though I'm 27 next month. II get ID's all the time.

But hey as a woman I'm like- Yes! All my brothers look young too,. I think its great

Yeah perhaps being a guy you feel a little disadvantaged. Guys take longer sometimes to look mature and look old. But trust me a lot of people would be envious because when you do get older you'll probably look younger. You'll never need to reverse the aging process- wahoo!

Btw I know loads of girls and so many on this page say you are hot!

Yippee

Celebrate! Go out and have fun (don't forget your id tho)

• well you get older, it will be better. I get ID'd at bars, clubs etc too. it doesn't affect you. I find looking too old for your age is the worst thing because it usually means a person not taking care of themselves

• Take it as a compliment, doll. In your later years you'll be sorry that you didn't.

I STILL get carded for cigarettes and booze and I've been of legal age to smoke for 8 years.

At this point, I think it's an affirmation of my youthful glow.

Maybe you should experiment with facial hair. Lots of men use that to change their look.

Hope this helps.

: }

• im 16 people say I've gotten anywhere from 12 to 17 and 17 is only because there is a junior at my school who looks just like me and is the same hieght but anyways I'm 5'0'' but I also act younger that I am wich I guess is good while I am young

• A few days ago I was told "Wow, you are like the youngest 17 year-old I've ever seen". Lol. I'm don't mind that I look young though.. Don't let it bother you.

• You'll appreciate it when you hit your 40's and 50's.

• YEAH I LOOK PRETTY YOUNG. IM 21 BUT PEOPLE THINK IM LIKE 16, 17 IF I DONT HAVE ANY MAKEUP ON WHICH IS PRETTY OFTEN. IT ANNOYS ME WHEN PEOPLE TREAT ME LIKE A LIL KID OR SOMETHING BUT I MAKE UP FOR IT WHEN I PUT THEM IN THERE PLACE LOL. I ACTUALLY GOT CARDED WHEN TRYING TO BUY COSMO ((MAGAZINE)) I WAS LIKE WTF IS SHE SERIOUS? I KINDA LIKE IT, IT GIVES ME A INNOCENT LOOK AND I TEND TO GET AWAY WITH MORE ALSO WHEN IM 40 I'LL PROBABLY STILL LOOK GOOD

IF You LOOK YOUNG AND You HAVE A PROBLEM WITH IT TRY GROWING FACIAL HAIR IT USUALLY MAKES GUYS LOOK MORE MATURE

• Well I don't know what to say.

• i have the opposite!

im only about 5'5" feet tall and have long brown hair and I've been told that I look my age (which is 22), but whenever I go to the clubs I NEVER get carded!

it sometimes bugs me but what are you going to do?

• It's because you're a girl, not because you look older. My buddies are bartenders and they often "forget" to card girls. More girls drinking means more guys drinking means better business for the club.

• Haha "forget" :)

• yeah I look younger than I am,

btw you are sexy, bowchicawowow

What Guys Said 8

• I'm 23 and 173 cm tall. People at uni tell me I look 19. I get carded all the time at the pub, even with stubble. I didn't like it before, but now, I take it as a compliment! I will say embrace your youth, and keep a positive attitude about it--you'll may surprise yourself, because a good attitude will get you more attention from the ladies!

• I have the opposite problem...trade?

• Yea I totally understand, I'm 20 but whenever I meet someone new they always say I look like I'm sixteen. I've been trying to promote facial hair to look older lol

• Yeah, I been told I look anywhere from 16 to 26 depending on how long it has been since I have shaved and what I am wearing. Try wearing age appropriate clothes. I no longer shave anymore either, I just use the clippers every few days to keep a permanent 5 o'clock shadow.

• Well when I go clean shaven I look kinda young, but most of the time I have a beard so I look older there's never an in between for me!

• enjoy it man I'm 25 and get mistaken for being under 18 all the time its a pain but when you're 30 looking 20 you'll be loving it !

• Holy crap. You're hair is awesome!

Yes. People always tell me I look like I'm 14. I don't know why. I think I look like a pretty normal 16 1/2 year old.

• lol