Girls, has this style of wearing denim shorts with the top buttons undone become a thing?

I haven't had the pleasure of seeing this in person yet. (But there's always next summer lol.) But the way Emma Roberts is wearing her denim shorts seems to be a thing I've seen online in some pics from time to time. I have to admit it's pretty sexy a/f. What do you think about it?

Most Helpful Girl

• I do it over my bikini bottoms.

What Girls Said 26

• I think it looks really bad. It isn't a thing

• Okay, thanks. That's what I wanted to know -- if it was a thing or not.

• No elegance or class whatsoever to me. Even if it became fashion (because people blindly follow each other) I would never wear this.

• It's usually when you're at the beach or at a festival like in the pic where she's probably wearing a bikini bottom anyways

• OMG my friend used to wear them like that like five million years ago in HS... that looks awful to me... It looks as if she got fatter and refused to buy bigger shorts, so just folded them up cause they don't fit properly anymore. D: it looks bad.

• This just looks lazy. Definitely not the style for me, I prefer to keep myself covered up. Plus, it makes you look like an easy target for bad things to happen.

• I really hope not. I've only ever seen pregnant women doing that because they want to keep wearing skinny jeans, lol.

• I'm really surprised this "fashion" hasn't shown up on GAG before. We've seen pretty much everything else. lol

• That's probably from Coachella. Coachella style isn't real style.

• noy in my book no!

• it might be more comfy in this way you won't feel like denim is stabbing your lower abdomen... and also feel more comfy after you had a meal

• It looks nasty so I hope not. I don't recall seeing it IRL tbh

• Usually it's not lol. That girl is hist trashy and a known domestic abuser

• I think it just looks like their shorts don't fit anymore.

• She doesn't look good in my opinion.
    I love her but nope lol

I like that style tho. Maybe that's not her best pic.

• where the hell is the rest of her shirt, that picture screams trashy to me. ... looks like I'm going to miss out on this new trend sigh darn. ..

• Can't you just imagine a clothes store where the female manikin was wearing cutoff jean shorts like this? lol :)

• yea sure I can but I'm not buying them... p. s. about time you asked a new question

• *facepalm* please don't let this be a trend.. Pleaseeee 😓

• It avoids a muffing top if you wear them like that

• I don't like the buttons undone, but I like wearing denim shorts

• Oh god, I hope not.

• She was at the Coachella Music Festival when that pic was taken. I think things are pretty loose at that event. lol

• That is dumber than torn jeans...

• i actually remember seeing girls every now and then with their shorts like that about a year or two ago. they were typically the real "outgoing" club scene girls.

• Thanks for your answer. That's what I was trying to find out: Whether this was a real thing, and evidently it was to one extent or another.

• It's been around for some time now. I'm not a fan of it though.

• I don't like that outfit.

• I have no clue, but I think this style is stupid. Keep your pants on people.

• To me it just looks trashy... I don't like this look

• thanks for your opinion. Emma Roberts was at a music festival when the photo was taken.

• Well that explains a lot. She probably was tired/hot af. I could also understand why somebody would undo their buttons after a meal, but I still don't think this is a good look.

• Don't really like it...

• I've only ever done that with a bikini bottom... The waistband and pockets take longer to get dry if they get wet. Maybe she got really sweaty, haha.

• I only do that during/right after I've eaten. And it's done because I need to, not because I want to. Lol. :(

What Guys Said 10

• lol this girl looks like an idiot

• She doesn't have the rack for that top. The denim shorts are hot, but her boobs need to be bigger to wear that top attractively.

• It reminds me of when I eat too much?

• Been a thing since like the 90s lol

• She is so fat she can't do up the buttons... and you all think it's a fashion choice. Hilarious!

• Sloots gonna sloot, she flat af doe

• I wondered where it was going next. After yoga pants how much more naked can you get? Undo your clothes and have them hanging open!
    I've always hated those tops. Makes boobs look weird. Like its pulling them down her body.

• I sure hope so it's a thing, it looks great ;)

s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/.../...8a7ef13684.jpg

• You see I was thinking it was a thing! I want to see this next summer! lol

• Me too, lol :D

• I don't know but that's a very unflattering picture of her

• That is not attractive at all. Button up please.