Does anyone else view yoga pants/leggings as inappropriate?

I think that a girl should only show her body like that to a guy who's earned it. Sorry, I guess I'm prude.

Most Helpful Guy

• I think it all depends on personal preference. Technically her body is covered, but on the other hand it's literally as skin tight as u can get so really not much imagination needed there. My opinion I don't like them very much. I'm married and love my wife. And there have been a few times where women have had yoga pants on and that is very distracting and not in a good way for me. Honestly I put yoga pants in the same category as lingerie. But that's just me. I won't tell anyone else what to do with their freedom

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm bi so girl's butt are amazing of course, but leggings just ruin the appeal for me honestly. I don't want to see all of the bits and pieces through the clothes, it's supposed to be a surprise for when I make it there!

• Exactly! That's what I think!

What Guys Said 17

• Meh while I do prefer girls who dress conservatively in general people can do what they want. 'earned it' is a poor choice of words in my opinion, it somewhat suggests ownership and male dominance which just irks me.

• I'm not always one with words...

• Show her body like what? She is covered. And how does a guy "earn" it. Sounds like he has to pay her or win a contest.

• I agree with you. It's one thing if they're under a dress or skirt, even if they're really short, but they shouldn't be by themselves. The "they're comfortable" claim sounds like bullshit to me.

I have plenty of baggy pants and shorts that are comfortable, but when I try to wear clothes that are tight around the legs or arms, it feels like they're squeezing me. I keep pulling them out of places.

It just looks like bacon pants for hungry boys. If that's what you are trying to do, then that's perfectly fine, but don't lie to me.

• You are a good woman in my eyes. You know when I had something to say about yoga pants. Women will tell me it's comfortable. I'm sure wearing t shirts and panties are comfortable too but a woman shouldn't wear that in public. But, I totally agree with you.

• I think a girl should be wear them if she wants to. Where I have the problem is girls that wear them and then bitch and moan about guys looking at her ass. I mean come on that is most of the reason the girl has worn them in the first place. As long as the guy is not being creepy about it you have to accept you are going to get people looking.

• I think that might be going a bit too far - Yoga pants and leggings are often worn for comfort rather than to show off their body that said why not enjoy showing off your body for yourself, a woman is not there solely for the man's pleasure.

• kinda true, it is for style and for attention. if it was for comfort, wouldn't sweat pants be better?

• They are for ballet, working out, yoga, excersise. They were never meant to be a staple in wardrobe, next people will go to work in pajamas 🙄

• I know most of you women own yoga pants that have never been to yoga.

• What about going to the beach? You're showing much more to a lot of people. Is that also innapropriate?

• True, but people wear them everywhere, school, nice restaurants and stores, dates, etc.

• That's true, but you don't see classy people wearing them. I agree with you to some extent

• I just think girls can show their body however they please

But they can't be mad if a guy stares at her for it

• No they are covered up, most girls I'm pretty sure wear them as a confidence thing, one of the girls I know wears them a lot and she lifts so she got a squat booty so it's like showing work, they know people look but how is that different to girls wearing short skirts or low cut tops? They are showing off aren't they, confidence. Just like its no different that a guy might wear tight shirts if he's big cause it shows off, it's all about confidence in my opinion

• at school or work it would be inappropriate but we are a civilization in decline so whatever.

• LOL at today's day and age in which sex is expected to be "earned".

• No I love seeing a girls legs and butt!

• Your right.. especially as yoga pants and leggins really show off the best of a womens figure.

• either that or you have a very nasty body, not stop hating on other girls who wear them

What Girls Said 13

• well i respect ur view but i wear them for comfort, and i don't feel I'm showing off for guys.

• I believe if it's paired with the right top then there is nothing wrong with them. I personally have seen girls in short tops and yoga pants or leggings and feel it may be a bit too much but if you wear it with a longer top that's not tight I think it's okay. However girls have a right to choose what they want to wear and how much of themselves they want to show. They are technically covered so to argue whether it's okay or not will be difficult. Everyone has their preferences.

• She's hardly showing her body, she's still fully dressed. Either way, I wear leggings a lot. They're comfortable. Who cares what other people think?

• You obviously don't know the benefits of leggings and yoga pants😂

• I wear them as pajamas.

• I don't think they're inappropriate. They're comfortable and I like them. You have the right to not wear them if you don't want to though.

• I only like wearing leggings with a dress.

• No I don't! I like legging! I spend a lot of money on them!

• I disagree, but you are entitled to your own opinion.
    Also, what exactly would earning it entail?

• Becoming her boyfriend or her deciding to let you see her body that way

• If she is wearing it, she is deciding to let everyone see her that way. You don't have to wear them in public for everyone to see, and that is your decision.

• "her deciding to let you see her body that way" Well if she posted it, then she has decided to let the people here see her body that way, so by your definition they have "earned it"

• I don't see how they're inappropriate.

• Leggings are some of the ugliest pants ever created

• I've never gotten into the whole legging as pants thing. The whole thing makes me feel uncomfortable. Most leggings are super skin tight and it makes me uncomfortable. It's bad enough everyone in my school wears khakis and the guys are constantly talking about girls asses, so imagine if I wore leggings, that would be hell. Besides, leggings were definitely not made for all people. Some people show a bit too much toe... the camel toe. Some people have huge butts that stretch out leggings until you can see through them. Some people have small butts and the leggings sag. Honestly, I'm too insecure about the size and shape of my butt to wear to wear leggings as pants. If you're comfortable with your body and you can handle the comments from other people then you should wear them if you want to.

• I don't view it as inappropriate, most of the time. I wear leggings, because they are comfortable. But I wear longer shirts, and non see through so you can't see anything.

• i love leggings! They're not innappropriate. they may show off a little bit of the girls ass but if the girl is okay with wearing them then she can wear them! theyre comfortable and look good. sometimes i wear a long shirt to cover my butt