Girls, How to have great hair?

My hair is naturally black but I dyed it dark brown. I think it's damaged now.. I want my hair to have higher volume, smooth and appropriate to my face shape. Sometimes my hair appears too flat, dull and boring, making my overall face look kinda awful and I hate that. Sometimes it appears frizzy and it's legit ugly. Please help me. :( thanks!

6

Most Helpful Girl

• go to a hairdresser, or get a really good treatment for your hair to make it better, try to wash your hair less times in the week, don't use heat on your hair hmmm what else haha

What Girls Said 5

• Cut has a lot to do with volume in my experience. I have almost waist length hair, so I have them layher it down the side and all the way around which helps the top layers not be weighed down and frames my face. Also, sometimes if it is just having a bad day, back comb the too top few layers... now by back comb I do NOT mean make it nappy... so many people grab their comb and start combing a nappy tangled rats nest. Slowly back comb, put the comb in-back comb-pull out at root and do it again. That prevents the nappy look. Also, blowdry your hair upside down.

• Get a consultation from a good hairdresser. I took cosmetology, & I also have unmanageable hair lol. It depends on everything. This year, my sister did a balayage on me to brighten up. My hair is pretty virgin, as in I've highlighted 3 times in my 24 years. This time severely damaged my hair. I had to change up my shampoo & conditioner, & even though it's cold out, I can't blow-dry it. Try "mayo" for hair. It's a deep conditioning treatment that you leave in for 20-30 minutes. If you go to a beauty store, ask for mayo- they should know what it is lol. Mine was about $3 for a large jar, & I brushed it from root to tip in sections. Wet or dry, dry is better for absorbing- & wash it out with shampoo & conditioner. Do that as often as needed. I'd recommend not drying your hair, but braid it so it holds in some moisture. For me, it raised my roots & stopped the frizz. Good luck!

• Go have your hair professionally done and buy good products. Good shampoo and conditioner will help

• A great cut that works with your face shape is essential. also, I have lately started doing shampoo soap/bars instead of commercial shampoo and have noticed a huge difference. Google the no 'poo movement for more info.

• If it's flat, you can layer it. If it's frizzy, maybe you need hair moisturiser to moisten your hair.