What hair treatment for dry and damaged hair (No straightening please)?

I don't want to lose my natural waves. I just want it to be silky, shiny and very healthy looking without it getting straight. So NO rebonding, etc. What salon treatment should I get?

Most Helpful Guy

• Really for big decisions like that - It is best to consult with a stylist you trust for their advice.

Most Helpful Girl

• Salons mess your hair up WAY MORE. Amla oil is amazing and it's super cheap. It's just fantastic! Definitely try it or Kair hair shampoo and conditioner is also great. If you can, buy DIY hair color and just use the conditioner or Nice 'n Easy sell their conditioner separate now too. Eating watermelon a lot works too

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 1

• Screw salons, the healthiest hair you can have is hair you're properly knowledgeable about and take care of yourself. Be sure to wash your hair with gentle, sulfate-free shampoos and conditioner, do hot oil treatments on it (using oils that actually penetrate the hair shaft such as coconut, olive, or jojoba oil), and use a nice leave-in conditioner to lock in moisture. Don't brush/comb it when dry only when wet.

There's a lot more information for wavy and curly hair at Naturallycurly. com which is a website I recommend.