Gaggers💰, Do you think high end clothes are worth the price tag👖👗?

#QueenApple24
#applethequeenofgag
#dontjudgetheapple
#QA24
#applelovers🍎🍎🍎🍎🍎

I really want a chanel bag but it appear to be like half of year of rent! Is it worth it! What kinda of people shop there! I recently went to a Gucci store and everything was so pretty but so expensive! I am kinda disappointed!
GaggersπŸ’°, Do you think high end clothes are worth the price tagπŸ‘–πŸ‘—?

A silly little 🍎 can sure dream! ohhhh! I wish I could have it all!

Most Helpful Guy

• The price is the brand name not the product. I've found products that are the exact same material and quality as high end brands but were incredibly cheaper than the major brands. Here's an example for guys

www.combatgent.com/.../midnight-blue-slim-fit-shawl-collar-tuxedo

a tux like this would be way more than $200 at a lot of well known brands.

• OH IT LOOKS NICE! Than what do u suggest I do?

• I don't know exactly. I don't hunt for classy womens clothing; only guys. It takes a lot of google searching to find places to get good products. Like page 8 or 9 of google. The deep dungeons of google...

I also got a really nice wind/rain jacket from Kirkland (yeah the walmart brand) and it's a really quality jacket and people are surprised that I got it at walmart. It was super cheap because well... It's walmart brand.

• oh thank you!

Most Helpful Girl

• Some actually are. I mean at least you can be absolutely certain that they haven't been created through child labour or in the poorest countries - where really clothing brands are just practising paid slavery - because they are still actually produced in Europe (mostly France and Italy) and of course the quality is just absolutely amazing. On Chanel bags you'll even get a lifetime guarantee 😏 And really I own a few designer pieces (yeah I'm a spoiled brat lol) and they still look like the day I've bought them although I own some of them for years now!
    So yeah, really worth it for me but it also depends on the brand I guess.

• Do you have a chanel? CAN I BORROW IT! haha I never giving it back haha!

• Hah well to be fair my allowance used to be way more restricted when I was still living with them. Now I have a credit card for one of their bank accounts 😈😈😈
      They would still kill me if I spent too much though 😅😝

• jaja! So tempting!

What Guys Said 27

• Those are brands for people who have more money then sense - and for all the people who are dumb enough to spend huge amounts of money to look like they have more money then sense.

A Gucci bag is made from $20 worth of materials - if it cost $50, that would be reasonable, but they cost $1000-5000. Sure, the "design" is worth something, but it isn't worth 100 times the normal cost.

These companies have simply marketed themselves into a position where people fool themselves into believing that these things are worth this much. If you took the brand name off and put the bag in Target for $200, it wouldn't sell - too expensive. You're really paying for the brand image, and the owners of these companies are flying on their private jets between their vacation homes laughing at you.

• "the owners of these companies are flying on their private jets between their vacation homes laughing at you." HAHA

• These shops are for people with more money than sense. The just want to buy a designer label to show how much they've spent.

I much prefer to shop around for good quality reasonably priced clothes. A lot of my shirts come from supermarkets (Tesco). They're cheap and last ages.

• Generally speaking, no, and many of the brands you're listing don't actually make the clothing/accessories in question.

In buying a designer piece in many ways you are buying a high quality piece, well made, with an interesting design, and a massive markup. Asking if it's worth it is like asking if a limited edition print of an artist you like is 'worth' it. It's sort of a wearable - collectible.

If you want a really nice bag, for example, you can get that quality level for less from an independent maker.

• I have a thing about really expensive stuff that I don't consider necessary - I see hundreds/thousands for clothes or bags and I think furniture for the house, savings plan for a car or towards the downpayment for a house.

• Shirts should be under $5, but splurging up to $10 every now and then is OK. Jeans should be under $15. That pretty much sums it up. Anything more is a waste.

• Where in the world do you get under 15 dollar jeans?

• @Ihav2fart
      Well I admit I haven't bought jeans in a while and $15 might be pushing it. But I'm pretty sure you can still get $15 jeans at Target and several other places. For sure you can get them on sale for that.

I didn't think clothes prices varied a lot around the country. But maybe in some of the biggest cities they are higher.

• I am a jeans and t-shirt kinda guy... the only thing I have that is of decent quality is my tux.

I love my American Eagle skinny jeans with the holes in them and my white t-shirts. My outback hat and leather jacket are my most expensive items at 250 and 850 respectively.

• They can be. Quality will likely last a very long time. It's just all about how you want to spend your money.

• real class isn't for sale at any price.
    fake class is rather expensive.

if I found out a woman was buying designer stuff, I would treat her like a Leper...

people are starving on the planet; one out of seven. buying a Gucci bag basically says you dont care about others.

"Wanting something for yourself is the worst curse." (Tao)

• Yes I know! But I want something! PLEASE WHY CAN'T I MAKE MYSELF HAPPY! I have to take care of myself as well!

• I have made a lot of really nice leather bags etc. one I have had for maybe 30 years. crafts are a great hobby, as you can make better stuff than you can buy very cheap, and you learn things. I stared leaning tying fishing flies, then leaned fish nets, leather, sewing clothes, construction, organic gardening, welding, etc. and much more. looking fancy is low calorie in comparison to having people see you make nicer things than they can buy.

• wow... How do u make clothes out of leather? Thats crazy to me.

• There is an obvious quality difference but not really worth 10x the price of similar just for a logo. I do tend to buy them now and then though lol

• I'm a guy so you can guess I think it's dumb! Not like girls wear expensive clothes to impress men.

• I think there's a limit though. High ends clothing is worth the price tag but only up to the point that the quality actually costs that much. Branding commands a much higher price for an item.

Things like gucci, a pair of shoes that costs 1000... pribably 400 is used to make it good quality the other 600 is for branding.

Point - its worth to pay for the quality part but not so much the high price tag that comes with brand trademark.

• well, it depends really. It may be worth it for one person, but not worth it for another. It really depends on how much value you put on looking your best. Intrinsically, I'd say they aren't worth it because the markups on these pieces of clothing is huge, and it usually doesn't cost them nearly that much to make it, but for someone with the cash, it may help create the image of themselves that they want the world to see, and for some that can be invaluable

• I never buy exclusive clothes.
    I sometimes buy shoes with a brand.

• In many cases, the old adage, "You get what you pay for," is true.
    Higher prices articles of clothing will likely be of higher quality material, design, comfort, and perhaps durability.
    There is a line at which though, you're not paying for more quality, but for a name on the clothing. Make sure you find that line. Leaps in quality become marginal at best once you cross it.

• the thing about high end products is that if they don't have a price tag and you have to ask, you probably can't afford it anyways.

• Depends on the quality really and wich part of clothes it is. I won't pay 30$ for a tshirt, sweaters is more reasonable when the quality is good.

• I think a good compromise between price and quality works best :D

• Yeah 💁🏻 I do

• Nah. I'm perfectly content walking around in my potato sack

• Jeans, suits and boots are worth it depending on the quality material used and workmanship

• Nope hey if people wanna spend money on that fine but I dont need super high end clothes so its a no for me : )

• If u can afford it yea, y not treat yourself

• Chanel is/was anti-semitic

I'm Jewish

• They are not worth it.

But that won't stop me 😍

• Some things are worth it. Your items you listed couldn't be a worse waste of money lol

• When I buy brand stuff it's always 50 to 90% off otherwise I don't.

• The reality tv people spend 100K on clothing a year. If I had that kind of money I'd buy a house lol

My wardrobe would be nothing but band t shirts tv show shirts pools and suites

• HAHA! lol I am a little complicated!

• I'm not lol when it comes to clothing I like graphic t shirts and I've never owned a suite so that's why I want one lol

• boyfriend will buy them anyways, so...

What Girls Said 18

• Coming from someone who is obsessed with fashion and designer brands I live it, wear it and work in it but I'm also very honest and have to say you are paying (most of the time) for name not quality. I love Chanel, Gucci, Hermes, Dior.. The list goes on. I will admit I'd spend the cash and splurge on a gorgeous designer bag if it was financial safe for me. It's just a tiny little dream of mine to own Chanel. Shallow? Yes maybe but I get butterflies thinking about it. I'm very passionate about fashion but let's be honest usually you're paying for the name. If you take the measures to care for your Chanel bag properly it'll last and be worth the purchase! (:
    After all they people do say it's an investment ;)

• Financially *

• haha! I too get crazy just thinking of a chanel bag! AAA! lol How do you save up to buy such brands?

• Great MyTake, @apple24, you put a lot of Effort into This.. Very impressive.
    However, in Choosing something that I like to wear, I Sometimes find things that are Cheaper and look Better than some of these other Styles with no Smiles.
    I also believe that if one has the money and it is something worth Buying... We only live Once, go for it.
    Good luck. xx

• Thanks I am sure gonna try to save up! haha I will look into nice clothes at nicer prices! haha

• True... lol (:

• lol!!! xxoo

• The cost of those garments is not related to the price in any way whatsoever. Is it worth it? Well that depends what you want it for. Is it just to wear? No, probably not. Are you planning on reselling it? Maybe, you can't resell a Walmart dress for hundreds of dollars.

• 1|0
  • Typically, their products are of higher quality, but I feel you're mainly paying for the name, not the items. If you have the money, I don't see the issue of buying those things now and then, but don't break your bank account just for them. Places like Marshalls and TJ Maxx have these products at much cheaper prices as well by the way.

• if you don t have the money don t.
    you ll have things more important to spend on.
    they are called luxuries for a reason.

• Yes 💁🏽 I'm a huge fashionista, I buy awesome high quality clothes pretty often 👗👠 I believe they are worth it, they also tend to last a lot longer than cheap clothing ✌

• Nope! Fuck all that fancy shit I'm not wasting money on that kind of crap. To me only stuck up people really wears that kind of clothes. That or extremely rich people. Still I don't see down to earth logical thinking people to wear that kind. I know anyone who does wear that kind of clothes is going to downvote the shit out of me. :D

Though I'm more of a tom boy type person. So that's the main reason why I don't go for that kind of thing.

• Oh... I see... Yeah I am mostly in sweatpants but I'd buy a whole wardrobe just to wear my chanel bag! haha

• I can dress up girlish. Still I rather make cheap clothes look awesome than spend 500 dollars on 1 t-shirt.

Plus I never go to any place that's fancy enough to give me a reason to do that.

I never understood purses to much. I rather just have big pockets to hold my phone and wallet and that's it.

• haha!!! yeah I understand!

• I go for moderately classy but not necessarily brand name. For example - Laura is one of my favourite clothing brands cause their clothes look amazing but even then I can only afford one outfit every couple of years.

• No, I dont. I prefer practical clothing at a reasonable price. Then again, I'm outdoors A LOT so literally all of my clothes need to be non restricting, breathable, and long lasting. If i can't run or jump or take a fall in it, chances are I won't buy it.

• Sometimes yes. All good quality clothes worth the price. I like to buy clothes that are made in france for example (as I live in france), but some high end brands don't sell good quality clothes... or they're made in china and I won't spend 1000 for a bag that is made in china.

• I don't think it's really worth it if you're on a budget or not overly rich, but I can definitely see the appeal! I do think that limited edition items are more appealing, because they're exclusive -and limited, duh -but if kept in good condition over a long period of time, sometimes they can increase in value.

• They're expensive because of the material so they last you linger but none of them are my style so screw those shops

• The quality of the bags are average at best, and vastly overpriced. It's foolish to buy one, and shows you have more dollars than sense. Get a locally made indie one, just as cute, more unique and you are not a walking billboard!

• YES👠👠👠👠👠👠👠👠

• I have a kind of layed back, thrift shop, hipster/hippie style. If someone can afford it and that's their style, work it!

• well if you really want it i guess its worth it ;)
    but i bet u could find a cheaper one on Ebay

• Nope!!! i can buy the knock off version at walmart for like twenty bucks. let's go!