How to get Vaseline out of my hair?

My b*tch sister decided to prank me by mixing my argan oil mask with Vaseline. and now I have vaseline on my scalp and hair. I washed my hair about 10 times with hot water and it didn't go away!!! what to do?

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• It is soluble in dichloromethane, chloroform, benzene, diethyl ether, carbon disulfide and oil of turpentine. 😜

Found something on Google:

Apply a little cornstarch to the hair and carefully pat, (don't rub), it into the hair. The cornstarch will absorb some, if not all of the Vaseline. After you apply the cornstarch shampoo it out with a good clarifying shampoo like Philou Green Apple shampoo or a similar product. Most, if not all, of the Vaseline should be removed with the first treatment. If not, repeat until all the greasiness is gone. Be sure to use warm not hot water for the shampoo. Cold water makes the Vaseline worse.

If you are out of cornstarch you can try a baking soda/shampoo option. Mix one teaspoon of baking soda and mix it with a regular baby shampoo. Pat the mixture onto the hair while it is still dry. Then add warm to hot water. This should help. Repeat until all the Vaseline is removed.

Although flour will work as a cornstarch substitute, it is not usually as effective. Flour may also tend to dry the hair out more than the cornstarch.
    Keep in mind that after applying cornstarch, flour or baking soda, you hair may need some extra TLC and a good deep conditioning treatment.

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 6

• Ew... Have you tired using a towel and than lightly water?

• Keep washing

• 1) Scalp your sister
    2) shave your head
    3) Wear your sister's scalp as a wig
    4) profit
    :)

• A comb with the bristles very close together and some baby powder. It's gonna take you awhile.

• Clarifying shampoo. If that doesn't work try salt.

• I've heard that if you pat (not rub) cornstarch in your hair, then wash, it should help. The cornstarch acts to absorb the Vaseline/petroleum jelly.

So, what you do is apply the cornstarch in your hair by patting (again, not rubbing). Let it absorb as much of the Vaseline as possible... I'm guessing to wait about 10 minutes, or until you feel enough has been absorbed. Then, rinse your hair with WARM water (the cold water will just make it worse, since Vaseline hardens/gels in cold temperatures).

Good luck.