How do find your own style?

For a long time, I haven't really known who I am. I usually conformed (mistake I know) to what people thought was today's new hit thing. In example, I have a pair if uggs, and I hate them I think they are weird looking really. My whole high school career I changed to different cliques a lot. I was preppy, goth, emo, cowgirl, and even a stoner. However, now that I am in college, and that I'm single, (I usually changed my style for a guy) I want to find out who I really am. I threw out those uggs and I'm starting to sort out my closet. However, how do I know who I really am? How do I base my interests onto a style? Any ideas?

My interests: Art, alternative music as well as rock and dance, cartoons (haha I know :P) action movies and comedies (some horror) I like tattoos (tho I don't have one) and the guy I felt like I was the most comfortable with, he was an artist who liked watching cartoons and was really funny.

So, who am i? lol maybe I need some ideas from strangers to start this discovery of myself. :D

Most Helpful Guy

• I had no idea what style I liked or wanted to wear until just recently as well. I always liked asian rock music so I decided to look up the J-rock culture. Now I dress a little like them but wear what I want to wear as well. It's not a bad thing to have a unique style =). But if you have time try looking up some J-rock fashion. It's very vibrant, screams rock, and looks like something out of a japanese cartoon. Sometimes it's hard to tell from the guys and the girls though xD.

Most importantly, wear what you want! I like jackets for some random reason I can't figure out and have tons. I also wear a lot of black and blue because I've been told those colors go well with me.

What Guys Said 2

• I don't get it either. Everyone just says 'dress to your preferences' or 'wear what you like' but the whole point of a fashion sense is to find out what you like in the first place.

In other words, the people who have it have no idea how they got it in the first place and assume that it will magically happen to you like it did for them which isn't necessarily true because not everyone develops a fashion sense.

• Follow your interests. Style just happens when you stop following the crowd. You're interests will just lead you into your own style. It won't happend overnight. One day you'll just realize: "This is me; this is my style."

What Girls Said 1

• um just wear things you like that work with you. look at a wide variety of things and put stuff together how you feel comfortable. fashion has no rules! I used to dress like everyone else and have no sense of style...now id describe my look at feminine and cute with a little hip hop edge