Age old fight between piercings and tattoos?

I want more piercings haha specifically those spikes as seen above
I love piercings and pain doesn't a care me
I love tattoos and plan on getting a lot
So my question is what do you prefer? Piercings? Tattoos? Both? And do you have any? If so what are they haha

Most Helpful Guy

• I have a bunch of tattoos and a few minor piercings. I like both. Most of my tattoos are in places that are covered if I'm wearing 'work clothes', so my back is covered, one of my biceps, one calf. I'll end up getting a few more though. I have a lot of friends that are a lot more heavily tattooed than I am, none of them have regretted any of it as they've aged.

The only thing I ever hear some regret about is gauge piercings. Those ones are a lot harder to change your mind about, and people have actually required surgery to try and make things look the way the want to look again. I suppose you could have a similar problem if you got meaningless tattoos, but most people I know that have them have put a lot of thought into them, and they all mean something and highlight a particular part of their life at the particular time they got them. So they become artistic history pieces. An auto-biography in ink.

Those spikes look pretty cool, and they would be easy to change out for other things if you want to go a little less extreme in the future. I don't see a problem with any of it.

I do recommend, if you plan on getting a lot of tattoos, that you really plan what you want, and sit on the plans for a few years to make sure they are things you want permanently. If you still really want something after a few years, it's usually a good sign that it'll be something that you appreciate for the rest of your years as well. Impulse tattoos are a terrible idea.

• I like the look of stretched ears but I don't know I won't do it personally. I wear the fake stretchers more or less for the look because I known I'd rgeret it if i actually did it

Tattoos I have them planned out and for my first one which is gonna be small I've been thinking about it for over a year and known it's what I want so I won't regret it

• You don't have to know yet... that's what you're going to school to find.

Do you have your art up online anywhere?

• I have one picture I did on photoshop up here on gag haha its a my take

Most Helpful Girl

• I wish I could share my pictures of myself on here. I have tons of tattoos. My back is completely covered, I have sleeves, etc.

What Guys Said 6

• Those spikes are some statement jewellery - On your questions I like piercings and tattoos but on others, I don't see myself getting any - I would say I like subtle piercings more than the statement ones - Tattoos I would go for arty, meaningful , tribal maybe quotes in a exotic language, I quite like the Chinese ones.
    I don't honestly know why I never went down that route maybe I'm a bit of a chicken but I have absolutely no problem with anyone else having them.

• I do not currently have any piercings, but I have had nipples, cheek, and ears. I do not have any ink, but do have a design branded on my upper right arm.

• Damn how did you even handle a nipple piercing hahah

• not one but three. My left one was both vertical and horizontal crossed barbells, and the right was a single barbell. They've been out for years, but I just kind of grinned and bared it.

• Haha damn must have hurt

• I have a lot of tattoos. Some military shit.. Some other stuff. If I could go back and decide not to get them I would. I have them anyways so I just own them you know.

• I love both.
    Like all fashion/style accessories they need to complement your body, clothes and be done well.

I don't intend to get pierced but I would like some tattoos in the foreseeable future.

• I was thinking about piercing my triceps or nips

• Just tattoos for me, just have one but want more

What Girls Said 9

• I like that piercings don't hurt really. That are fast and painless.

Tattoos are more painful due to it taking longer to make.

Though I wouldn't get to many since i'm ocd about that kind of thing. So I think about how will they look when i'm 95 or something like that. Plus I can't think of a good place for a tattoo. With piercings I'm just sticking to the 2 I have which is a normal ear piercing and both sides of my upper lip. With how my face is shaped they fit perfectly and look cute to me. :)

• Haha not all piercings are fast and painless. I got my industrial when I was 16
      Hurt sooooo much because he had to position the needle to pierce the top of my ear and he wriggled it and bleh

• That is a pretty good deal. O. O

• I wanted to take it but my mum was waiting for me outside so I couldn't 😂😂

• I have none of either but I find some of them pretty cool. For me, I just see it as people can do what they want.

• Tattoos.

I have ears pierced (5 holes in totals) and 7 tattoos - mostly dragons. Most recently was my thigh tattoo. It's an open book with things from some of my favorite books coming out (a dragon, Mr Tumnus and Lucy, sorting hat etc.)

• I like them both!

• I like both. I have both. I more of both. Tattoos are a form of expression to me. SOME piercings are cool. I'm not a fan of gauged ears tho. But I want a few more holes in my ear and a nose piercing. And about 50 more tattoos lol.

• I like both.
    I have a lot more piercings though. I prefer them.

• I really want to get a back tattoo that's a snake and a sleve with some piercings as well but a lot of jobs don't like that ;( so yes I like both

• Haha you can hide tattoos and piercings
      And piercings you just take them out
      Like I help out in my old school and I have a septum piercing
      I just roll it up ny nose

• I have neither. They both are low class

• How are they low class 😂 those things aren't cheap to get lady

• Who cares what they cost! They are indicative of a socioeconomic class that is low

• I don't have any and I'm sure I'll never have. I like piercings better cause they can be removed when you get sick of them, tattos can be removed too, I know, but it's not so simple to get rid of.