What kind of clothes do people wear in California in the Winter?

So I'm going to California for Christmas and I live all the way on the opposite side of the country. I've never been to California but I hear it's warm year round. So should I trade in my sweaters for t-shirts? What do people in California wear during the winter? Pics would be helpful.

Most Helpful Guy

• It's probably colder there then it is right now here on the east coast. El Nino is wrecking havoc on the nation right now. It causes the opposite of what's supposed to happen, which is why the north is getting hardly any snow, and warm temperatures and the west is getting cool temperatures and a lot of rain. It'll change in Jan. though, when we starting getting hammered with snow here in the east

Most Helpful Girl

• We have cold winters but it only snows in the mountains or near reno. You only maybe need long pants like jeans or slacks and maybe a sweater, long sleeve and a light jacket, like a hoodie or something that maybe has a hood or none and get a umbrella but mostly its just like in the 50ds or 60ds, and it depends on where you are going.

• Well right now its very cold and I wear long sleeve, long pants, socks and shoes or boots. I also wear rain gear and jean jackets.

What Guys Said 3

• People in California are REGULAR PEOPLE! They don't wear any special clothing, but the winters here can be cold but not as cold like other areas such as; Michigan, Chicago etc. So during the winters you'll see people wearing sweaters, ugg boots (girls), coats etc.

• I know they're regualar people, but clothing styles vary across the country.

• I say for you it will feel quite warm so I would probably compromise and think mild spring/fall wear rather than hot summer.

• It really depends on where you're going. During the day you can easily get away with jeans, shorts, sneakers, whatever. Once the sun goes down you'll definitely want like a hoodie or a light jacket.

What Girls Said 3

• I usually wear skinny jeans with a tank top and an oversized sweater. But it only gets cold for me in the early morning. By the time noon rolls around, it's already relatively warm. I live near Los Angeles if that helps give you an idea of the weather over here.

• Right now its raining so bring a few sweaters and not a big fluffy coat. Usually its around 60 degrees here in the winter.. but its been 40 and lower

• Where in California are you going?