Do you think all black women look the same?

I've always wanted to know why people think black women are unattractive.

They say white or Asian women are better looking. They also point out that every black woman is fat, we all have big noses and lips.

but if a white woman had big lips and ass, she's beautiful?

Is there anyone on here that realizes, that not all black women look the same? that we have different nose shapes, lip thickness/thinness, some of us are very skinny, we come in different shades of brown, to almost white. we can have blue, green, Grey, and hazel colored eyes.

so why do people have this preconceived notion that we all look the same?

Most Helpful Guy

• I've noticed less variety in the black women I've personally seen, than that of the white women I've seen, but I wouldn't go as far as to say, even those I have seen, look very similar. We all share common traits, depending on our origins, that can't be denied, but it doesn't mean we are carbon copies in the least. I've seen many black women that look better than many white women, and vice versa, I tend to take these things on an individual basis when possible.

What Guys Said 2

• Yes.

• Some black girls are sexy. I prefer white probably because I am white myself. I'm not attracted to Asians at all. <- lol is that racist? I can't help what I'm attracted to.

• And that's perfectly normal, as long as your not going around saying negative things about black women lol and asian women for that matter.

What Girls Said 3

• I own a T-shirt that reads:

Stereotypes are a real time-saver.

To some extent, there's truth in such a statement. But it sounds like you're surrounded by either racists or people who grew up with the one "token" black kid in the neighborhood. I've been fortunate to grow up in a diverse neighborhood. I had friends suffer the whole, "You're not black because your skin is caramel," or something silly like that.

I really would like to blame National Geographic because I really think this distorts what Black Americans look like. Black Americans will vary in skin tones and facial/body features because there has been some racial mixing throughout American slave history as well as the past 50 years of more biracial coupling, however, most Africans (from the actual country) probably will have a predominate genetic code. Since people know that black people has African ancestry then naturally, how Black Americans look will be confused with an expectation to appear African.

But I know what you mean in your question and it's something I'd rather punch someone for rather than asking them to explain why they believe all black people look the same, haha, but it seems you're more patient than I am.

• i think its a psychological fact that people of other races have trouble identifying the difference between individuals within another race. Most white would think all black men look the same. I have trouble telling the difference between asians...its a known fact.

• who is "they"? honestly anyone who has this mindset is someone who's not worth thinking about. I am a black woman and I know damn well that I am fine and I don't need anyone's approval about it. there are always gonna be racists who hold stereotypical views, don't internalize that bullsh*t. know that you are uniquely beautiful. obviously you know what we have different physical features and don't all look alike but for those who don't Fuck Them. they obviously don't get out much! all black people don't look alike, even the ones from africa don't all have coarse hair and jet black skin, flat noses and full lips. not that there is anything wrong with that but I'm just saying. also we have the widest genetic variation of all ethnic groups anyway