I've heard a lot of women say they don't like wearing a bra becuase they are uncomfortable. But then they don't really say why. Is it becuase
1) You can't find one that fits good/right?
2) The elastic band that goes around your chest?
3) The shoulder straps dig into your shoulders?
4) The bra holds/confines your breasts too much?
5) All of these
6) Some other reason, that as i guy i simply can't think of? lol If so please tell me
Most Helpful Girl
SORRY I'm a BRA HATER. So none of this applies if you love bras and they love you.
1) Can't find one that fits right? YES. Getting a bra that's appropriate for your breast size AND comfortable is challenging. There are comfort features, but sometimes not practical under all types of clothing. Then practical features, like wires but not always comfortable. Also, bras are more expensive than panties, making it harder to experiment with what works for you.
2) The band (not always elastic) around my chest? YES. YESSER. I feel like something is restricting my rib cage. It's claustrophobic, and noticeably affects my breathing. Until recently, I went mostly bra less (silicone nipple covers or padded clothing). So wearing one now feels like a prison. I use bra extenders or folded out paperclips to loosen up the chest area. (Sooo uncomfortable, writing this made me unhinge my bra just now).
Also it presses on lymph nodes in areas around chest, contributing to risk of breast cancer, and mental discomfort, for those concerned with the health aspect.
3) Digging into shoulders? NO. I'm an A cup. My breasts aren't heavy at all. I wear straps loosely, so they often slip down shoulder.
4) YES/NO. Breasts don't do much. Restricting their free movement spares us embarrassment.
Unfortunately, the added insulation in that area increases the temperature, contributing to the risk of breast cancer. Also supporting breasts so frequently causes the connective tissues to slack and sag more.
6) When you're lying down or against a firm wall or whatever, you can feel the straps around shoulder, or the clips in the back. If push against something too fast, it can hit against your bone or ribcage (especially the wire). You become more conscious of it when you're lying down, making you feel burdened.
Whats so annoying is that bras aren't even full proof. They don't hide your nipples all the time, especially when wearing white or pale colors. Sometimes the seams, cute patterns, or lace bras can draw more attention to your breasts and impossible to hide under one layer of clothing. Often you have to wear EXTRA layers just to hide the stupid bra, which was supposed to hide your nipples.
Personally I've started wearing more spaghetti straps with padded shelf bras, rather than just bras, and realized trick was to get them in a much bigger size.1