Girls, What's the worst part about wearing a bra?

I've heard a lot of women say they don't like wearing a bra becuase they are uncomfortable. But then they don't really say why. Is it becuase

1) You can't find one that fits good/right?
2) The elastic band that goes around your chest?
3) The shoulder straps dig into your shoulders?
4) The bra holds/confines your breasts too much?
5) All of these
6) Some other reason, that as i guy i simply can't think of? lol If so please tell me

19

Most Helpful Girl

• SORRY I'm a BRA HATER. So none of this applies if you love bras and they love you.

1) Can't find one that fits right? YES. Getting a bra that's appropriate for your breast size AND comfortable is challenging. There are comfort features, but sometimes not practical under all types of clothing. Then practical features, like wires but not always comfortable. Also, bras are more expensive than panties, making it harder to experiment with what works for you.

2) The band (not always elastic) around my chest? YES. YESSER. I feel like something is restricting my rib cage. It's claustrophobic, and noticeably affects my breathing. Until recently, I went mostly bra less (silicone nipple covers or padded clothing). So wearing one now feels like a prison. I use bra extenders or folded out paperclips to loosen up the chest area. (Sooo uncomfortable, writing this made me unhinge my bra just now).

Also it presses on lymph nodes in areas around chest, contributing to risk of breast cancer, and mental discomfort, for those concerned with the health aspect.

3) Digging into shoulders? NO. I'm an A cup. My breasts aren't heavy at all. I wear straps loosely, so they often slip down shoulder.

4) YES/NO. Breasts don't do much. Restricting their free movement spares us embarrassment.

Unfortunately, the added insulation in that area increases the temperature, contributing to the risk of breast cancer. Also supporting breasts so frequently causes the connective tissues to slack and sag more.

6) When you're lying down or against a firm wall or whatever, you can feel the straps around shoulder, or the clips in the back. If push against something too fast, it can hit against your bone or ribcage (especially the wire). You become more conscious of it when you're lying down, making you feel burdened.

Whats so annoying is that bras aren't even full proof. They don't hide your nipples all the time, especially when wearing white or pale colors. Sometimes the seams, cute patterns, or lace bras can draw more attention to your breasts and impossible to hide under one layer of clothing. Often you have to wear EXTRA layers just to hide the stupid bra, which was supposed to hide your nipples.

Personally I've started wearing more spaghetti straps with padded shelf bras, rather than just bras, and realized trick was to get them in a much bigger size.

What Girls Said 18

• Let me give you an analogy.

You know how lying down feels great? It's usually pretty good for you - the weight is off your spine and what's better than sleeping? However, lying still in one place for too long causes irritation i. e. bedsores.

With a bra, your skin becomes irritated after long periods of time (such as wearing a bra all day) so it feels really good to take it off. The better the fit of the bra, the more likely it will irritate your skin by the end of the day.

• I actually find bras really comfortable because I don't wear ones that have padding, and I usually wear bralettes so its not very restricting. But when I do wear proper ones, sometimes the middle wire is irritating

• If you find a bra you fall in love with, it's great..
    It's not so much hating bras, it's just SO GOOD when you take it off haha!!

• lol well put. Do yuo take it off as soon as you get home, or just before bed, or at some other time?

• When I am sweating!

• The band + shoulder straps + boob confinement = my least favorite thing -- bra wearing. Most girls with boobs my size or bigger may disagree, but I hate wearing bras. I have one that fits really well but my boobs, chest, and shoulders like to be free. I wear a DD so my boobs are on the larger side and I have heard other girls say that they like supportive feeling of a bra or their boobs hurt without a bra. My boobs like to be free.

• None of these: It's if you get a cut, sore, bite, pimple, whatever, right underneath your bra strap or metal underwire.

It's like CONSTANT pain that can't be avoided!!

I try to wear sports bras during those times, but sometimes you just have to deal with constant discomfort of it.

• Bras feel like a leash. It feels 10x better just to let them run free.

• I usually don't have any complaints. Sometimes the underwire can get uncomfortable if it's been on too long. Or I guess straps falling iff your shoulders.

• Well if you have a larger chest size (36DD's) the bra feels kinda heavy depending on the type. I usually wear under-wire so there's an uncomfortable pressure from the iron at times

• Reading that made me uncomfortable like I could feel my bra 😩

• I think the worst part is the underwire because it can irritate your skin and become uncomfortable. Also, the straps can rub you the wrong way. One thing that sucks is that if you're planning on wearing a backless dress then you can't wear a bra for several hours before that because it can leave an imprint on your skin of where it was. Not so hot. Besides that, they aren't terrible. Just not the most comfortable things in the world.

• Bras are actually comfy when you wear the right size.

• Tbh I do not find bras uncomfortable. They don't bother me at all

• Bras should be comfortable, I think it's just a matter of finding the right size.

• 2 and 3 for me. As you've heard the best part is when you take it off.

• Very very uncomfortable

• I find that they make me sweat a lot, as well as make me feel itchy :(

• All of the above. At least for me. Oh and headaches occasionally.