Girls, what age should someone start wearing makeup?

7

Most Helpful Girl

• In my opinion, I think 13 is a good age to start. The better question is, what style of makeup should they wear. When you're in your younger teens, the natural look is better. 16 is a good time to hit noticeable makeup. But basically, it comes down with the personality, confidence, and what about her face she would like to enhance or improve on.

What Girls Said 6

• There's no specific age you should start wearing makeup. It's usually best to just... Not. It's not always good for your skin to go slathering various creams and pastes on it, after all. But meh. I'm 19 and still don't generally wear make up and only wear lipstick when I do, but most girls I knew were wearing make up from like 14.

• 14-15. I started wearing make up when i was 14, started wearing heavy make up when i was 16. Stopped wearing it 2 years ago. I find it time consuming and waste of money tbh. Except for lipsticks ha!

• I started wearing makeup at age 12. It's really early but I felt like wearing makeup then so I did, plus all my friends were too. So I don't know, wear it when you feel ready? I mean my best friend still doesn't wear makeup and she's 18

• I think I started wearing it in high school, started with mascara.

• What do your parents think?

• 16 years old