Girls, Long hair and short hair social experiment?

So I want to know if their are any girls out their that used used to have short hair and now have long hair. My real question for you is this. "Have you noticed an increase in guys paying attention to you now that you have longer hair or have you the other way around.

13

Most Helpful Girl

• Neither was "more" or "less". Just different.

When my hair was shorter, I attracted the attention of less traditional guys. Better conversations, more agreement on political issues, more fun together as friends, etc.
    Problem was, most of these guys were... um... not very assertive. ):

Vice versa with longer hair. I'd get hit on by guys who were less scintillating conversationalists, and whose views often infuriated me, but who would ACTUALLY MAKE MOVES.

Hm.

What Girls Said 12

• Hmmm, guys do pay attention to me more when my hair is longer and straight. I have naturally curly hair, so when the curls are less tight-guys talk to me more. And when it's straight-guys talk to me a lot.
    So naturally, I straighten it as little as possible XD

• Well actually it's visa versa with me but yeah I would have to say I got more attention from guys when my hair was longer but that's not much of a shocker when you're black.

• I definitely get more attention when my hair is longer. I stopped cutting it last month so I'm curious to see what is going to happen as it grows throughout the coming year. I am naturally blonde and it seems like guys want to flirt with me more now that I dye it red.

• Guys gave me more attention after I lost weight and grew out my hair. Lots of guys love long hair and thin ladies.

• I've always gotten more attention with longer hair. But I think it just looks best on me... Most short haircuts don't really suit my face.

• When I was in middle school, I wore my natural hair which was really short. I hadn't gotten asked out by anyone.

But towards the end of middle school, I took some initiative and got hair extensions to a point where my hair went all the way down to my hips, and I still have them to this day. The #1 compliment I get is about my hair. I've gotten asked out way more often with longer hair on, by far.

• Not really.

• Long hair! I win!

• I used to have very short hair. As it grew longer, I have received more and more attention.

• I think longer hair does it for me.

• Not really as they all thought I looked great with really short hair. So when I grow it out there wasn't much difference. A lot of boys preferred short hair on me

• Yes, but I think there were confounding variables such as a lack of acne, plucking of brows, and more makeup.