Wanna cut and dye my hair purple?

Okay, so my mom said that on my birthday she promises to take me to like a real salon (for the first time in years) to get my hair cut and dyed purple, because that is NOT something you wanna screw up.

Anyway, my birthday is on the 18th of next month, I'll then be 18. And I still do wanna get it done, I'm thinking I'll get my hair cut to just a tad above my shoulders.

However as I said, it's not something you want to get screwed up, so I'm asking for opinions now as to whether or not you strangers of gag think I'd look good with purple, short, hair like that. Or should I just give it up and not do it? Please be brutally honest.

• Do it, you'd look great.
  • Don't do it.
  • other, (please explain?)
@blondefrog

Most Helpful Guy

• i the kind of person who tries out before saying no, and the kind of person who likes everything strange especially weird hair colors :D so i would say yes, do it^^

Most Helpful Girl

• can t tell without seeing your skin tone.

black and white image not good for the question :p

• true, but my camera and the way the lighting is in my house just makes me look orange, which, I'm not orange lol. But my older sister says that sort of a darkish purple goes well with my skin tone, so that's why I picked that color specifically.

• Exactly!

• thanks for the MHO <3

What Guys Said 8

• I had a look at your profile pic and tried to imagine your hair cut and dyed purple, yeah I think it will work

• When women have unusual colors in their hair it sends same signal through my brain as seeing one of those bright vivid colored animals in the wild. Like snakes or frogs.

But instead of screaming 'poison!' or 'venomous!' It sends 'crazy!' Either way it's enough to make me stay away.

• Don't do that

• Do it! It'll look freaking awesome.

• Don't be afraid to do weird regrettable things!

• I wouldn't do it not a good idea.

• Layers and high lights (-^-^-)

• My daughter (17) dyed her hair dark brown and then highlighted it purple. Looks awesome.

What Girls Said 6

• i dyed my hair a dark purple a while back and i loved it. If you don't have a job or any reason to have to act professional, do it. If you do have a job you can always get a really good wig. You only have one life so do it!

• If you wanna do it then do it. Try it on for a while and see how you like it.

by the way, I've got blue streaks in my hair. I'm a brunette, kinda reddish in sunlight, so I would describe my hair as dull but the blue streaks really make my hairstyle pop and I love the color blue, so...

• DO IT MAN! DO IT!

• 0|0
  • Really not the environment to ask in, people here are wayy conservative. But I say go for it, I dyed my hair pink a while back and while I had my reservations I loved it.

• I don't like unnatural hair colors