Girls, Are expensive cosmetic brands really worth the price?

Lancome and other expensive cosmetic brands, are they really worth the price. Do lower priced lines work just as well?

6

Most Helpful Girl

• Nowhere is "You get what you pay for" more true than with cosmetics.

There's not much difference between high end and super high end. For instance, a $20 MUFE lippie won't be noticeably worse than a $35 Guerlain lippie. Below that price point, though, you will begin to notice why you are below that price point.

What Girls Said 5

• For me, id say yes.

Lets use mac as an example. I never understood the hype about their lipsticks, but i thought id try one.
    Best lipstick i ever bought in my life. So pigmented, rich and smooth, so i fell in love. ❤️👄💄

• yes, it is worth it in my opinion.
    I purchase higher end blush, eye shadow and brow products because drug store doesn't have the quality I like. The rest, I use lower end makeup for.

• CHANEL is the best.

• it actually depends on your skin. i tried a foundation from mac but it doesn't blend with my skin very well. i decided to try on foundation from tarte and benefit and it blends with my skin very well!! thats why we have testers at a makeuo shop! ☺️

• It depends what products. I personally love using Make Up Forever foundation when I go out to a bar or something because the quality is amazing. Although I do use mascara I got from cvs. Really thinking about it, I guess I do use more expensive cosmetic brands. I guess some last a bit longer because of their quality! I use Bobbi Brown gel eyeliner and it's lasted over a year and i use it everyday!