Girls, Will walking in high heels really make me look better?

I am not very comfortable in high heel, simply because I haven't worn them a lot. My sister suggested that I wear them more. She said that high heels improve the looks of most women. Is this really true or just a myth? What do you think?

5

Most Helpful Girl

• I always thought so. I'm pretty short, at 5'2", so they give me a little more height and they seem to lengthen the leg and raise the tushy, so I guess they do improve your overall looks. They also project femininity, attractiveness, sex appeal and most of all confidence, all good things. However they do take some getting used to. My advice: 1. Start with a smaller heel, maybe 2" or 3" max, before moving up to something larger. 2. Stay away from those silly looking stripper shoes. 3. Also, you may want to start out with wedges, just to start getting used to the increased height. 4. Practice walking around the house on carpeted surfaces at first, to get traction, and prevent slipping. 5. You get what you pay for. If you insist on buying cheaply made imports, they will absolutely kill your feet. They may be fine for practicing around the house, but not for serious all day wear. I work in a business office, so I have to wear heels, skirts and dresses daily, which isn't a problem for me, because it's my style anyway and heels have never really bothered me, but I learned a long time ago to splurge on the better designer types, not just for fashion, but for comfort, too. Good luck and wait til you start turning heads!

What Girls Said 4

• It's technically true. It helps make your leg seem more shapely and because the muscles along your back tighten to keep you standing properly, it makes your ass look firmer. High heels aren't meant to be comfortable :P But if you don't want to wear something, then you shouldn't.

• If you can't handle it then don't do it because someone says so! Someone's pain is not yours to gain

• i think its more about the confidence of the women who wear them that people find sexier as opposed to the heels themselves. but either way, get some practice wearing them around the house and start turning some heads! :)

• A pair of high heels can definitely improve a look and make it more fierce BUT they look terrible on girl who cannot walk in them. Maybe start off with a smaller heel and gradually get higher one?