Exactly how do you tame down overly thick half nappy hair?

or at least I think that is the type of hair I been somewhat cursed with as a person who decent both white, black and caribbean folks.

anyways on the left is what my hair looks naturally without anything. on the right is how my hair looks straight out of the shower with gel. but oh well I well aware that I cannot make my hair look like it does straight out of the shower with gel, but I was wondering if there was a way I can make it look almost like this naturally?

should I use an specific type of shampoo or conditioner? is there an specific type of shampoo or conditioner that I should avoid using? should I start using botanical hair products such as hair mayonnaise, olive oil, relaxer, or whatever?

please I need a little help here. I'm getting sick of people calling me things like Afro Thunder

21

Most Helpful Girl

• While you wash it comb it out with a wide tooth comb. Use a leave in conditioner of your choosing as long as it says "leave in conditioner" it should stay moisturized throughout the day. I have thick curly hair and it's not nappy at all its beautiful. As for shampoo get one that does not have sulfate in it.
    Condition it after and rinse it out. That's when the leave in will come into hand.

What Girls Said 1

• Your hair is thick with body. The same people who are making fun of your hair now will be jealous 10 years from now when they are half bald and is thinned out. If you don't like your hair texture get a hair cut and wear it close cropped

• so does this mean that from now on I must use shampoo that have " thick with body" labeled one them?

• That's because your white mates ( and you for all intents and purposes are) can see a difference..( and may actual wish they had thicker hair)... but you wanna look just like them ( and you might, saved for that "damned carribean / black ancestry"). Just use a gel or leave in conditioner and carry on. Try to fit in and not stand out among your peers ( by no means). You don't have an afro and if you did there would be nothing wrong with that. Lol

• There is a brand of products called "mixed chicks". Have a female buy you some products so that you don't get embarrassed. It's good for textured hair.

What Guys Said 1

• I nearly always say the same thing when hair questions come up consult with a barber for most accurate advice maybe one with training in black hair.