Girls, I want to start wearing makeup. Any suggestions?

Okay so I am 14 years old, and I haven't worn any makeup at ALL I am probably the most clueless person when it comes to makeup. I didn't know where to put concealer until yesterday, or what it was for lol. Anyways I have decided to start wearing makeup now, people get surprised when I tell them that I don't wear makeup. Because people think I do wear makeup when I don't. I just don't have any pimples, dark circles, redness, acne, or anything. People tell me that I don't need to, because I have a flawless complexion but I still want to. Just to make me feel older and maybe perhaps look my age because I personally feel like I am an 11 year old because I am really short I am 5ft. tall. And I have a bunch of freckles, so they make me look younger. But I am having a hard time on what to put on my face I can't decide. I don't know what makeup brands I like or what I exactly want to start wearing I mean I definitely know I want to wear mascara, & eye shadow but I'm not sure about foundation, or anything like that.

I also don't know what makeup colors to use on me either, I have a fair complexion, I have freckles, dark brown eyes, and red hair but its not like a orange red it's darker its closer to a medium auburn but there is a ton of red tint to it so it mostly looks red, and I also have blonde in my hair towards the bottom it's ombre.

Can someone please help me? Any suggestions?

14

Most Helpful Girl

• First of all hun, dont wear ANY face makeup. Your skin is already flawless, and if you wear it daily while your young, it will drastically change your face negatively in a few years. I personally just stick to features "eyes, lips, eyebrows" for regular days. (Mostly just eyes).
    I recommend you start experimenting with your eyes, doing simple things and tricks for a natural look, and light makeup. Try doing simple illusions, such as applying white pencil on your waterline to give an illusion of bigger eyes (or a nude pencil to look more natural), or tightlining your eyes; applying pencil on your TOP LASH LINE not on the waterline to define eyes and create a "fuller lash" look, or applying an "extra lash" by putting a line on the outer corner of your eye, which will elongate and extend your eye creating a "cat eye" illusion. Also to create an illusion of longer bottom lashes is to apply mascara towards your nose (sweep the brush towards your nose) making the bottom eyelashes sway towards your nose, It also helps give an illusion of a narrower nose. Only putting mascara on the tips of your eyelashes makes gives an illusion of much longer makeup free lashes.

Now for Mascara, i recommend you get a non-waterproof mascara since they are a bit hard to take off and require you to pull your lashes a lot causing them to break. Also if you dont feel like wearing a mascara, but getting same results, use vaseline as a substitute. It gives you pretty similar results causing no damage plus benefits for your lashes; it conditions them, strengthens them and apparently makes them grow. And make sure you always take off your mascara before going to sleep because it causes your eyelashes to break and crunch up.

Also, DONT make your mascara clumpy. It looks unnatractive, unnatural, and damages your lashes. If your lashes do clump up, use an eyelash/eyebrow comb (professional.jblashes.com/.../wooden-eyelash-comb-brush-3-5) can't send pictures trying to help out, to get rid of the clumps. ( White brush is used for eyelashes, black brush is used for brows.)

And I dont recommend you start wearing eyeshadow daily, Try practising it, experimenting with it, but maybe wear it when you're a bit older.

Hope i helped. :*

What Girls Said 13

• Well you an wear mascara! and coloured lip stains, a little blush on the cheeks never hurt anyone. Start subtle, you're 14 and heavy pounds of make up aren't good for your skin especially if its great! It really depends on your price range, there's high end make up brands or there's the drug stores! I wouldn't recommend foundation yet- but perhaps BB or CC creams as theyre a lot lighter in coverage.

• 1. If your skin is good, do not wear concealer. Concealer is meant to conceal blemishes. It won't make you look pretty. In fact, just steer clear of any skin makeup, it will only make you look ugly and cheap.
    2. A good place to start is putting on mascara. If you want, add eyeliner. For parties you can try eye shadow but that's a bit too much for every day.
    3. Want to feel bold? Do you have semi full lips? Find a lipstick that works well woth your skin. I prefer reds over pinks. Go easy on your eyes while wearing it though, you dont want to look like a clown. Just mascara and lipstick is enough.

Dont do too much too quickly, too many girls your age do that and look like clownwhores. I've got no better way to put it.

• Go to Sephora. Tell them you have an event (recital, dance, interview, speech?) coming up. They will do a make-over for free. Take notes.

The department stores do similar things, too, but the problem with department stores is that each brand usually has its own employees there. So unlike Sephora, you would already have to pick out a brand before even starting.

If you are bad at resisting sales pressure, go to a store that's not in your usual neighborhood, and don't bring any money.

• Er... I didn't start make-up until I was 19... Take it slow... haha!!!

• First of all, you are beautiful and don't need it! One warning is that when I first started wearing makeup I began to dislike myself without it. Try to go makeup free occasionally so you remember to like yourself 😊. It sounds like you don't need much concealed cause it covers up eye bags and blemishes. If you don't want your freckles to show, you could use some foundation and powder but your skin doesn't need it. (and I love freckles 😏). I have porcelain skin. I am honey blonde but people have told me I have kind of a red head completion. The eyeshadows that look best on me are golds and roses. Or golden browns. Lips look good with rose colors or red. But not orangey red, more blue-red. I also choose a rose colored blush. I use black eyeliner for wings, but if I want to do something more subtle, I either use a kohl pencil that's a bit darker than my eyeshadow, or I use a hazel greed kohl pencil that matches my eye color and makes them pop! Hope this helps 😁 good luck👍

• *concealer
      *complexion

• Oh and check the labels on makeup that talk about 'undertones'. Or look online. My skin has pink or red undertones, and it might be the same for you but you should check.

• Since you haven't ever worn makeup, maybe you should start on the light side. I would recommend a BB cream (since you said you have a nice completion), which is basically moisturizer and a bit of foundation mixed into one. It's great if you want to get just a light coverage and makes your skin look airbrushed.

• I'd suggest Elf cosmetics. You can find it at almost any grocery store. It's cheap but it's good quality. I use it a lot. I'd start out by using a BB cream which is kinda like a tinted moisturiser. It's kinda a guess to find your right colour but usually it has the different skin tones to match yours too. For a beginner I'd stick to the basics: blush, mascara, BB cream, a concealer, and Chapstick. There's like a billion editorials you can find on YouTube.

• Wear very natural looking makeup. BB cream, tinted lip balm or a rosy pink lip gloss, and mascara, would be a great makeup look at your age.

• Keep it natural. I know that's probably not what you wanted to hear, but it really does look better in my opinion. However, if you'd rather do a little more, look up what color of eye shadow you should do for your eye color and shape.

• Just wear light lipgloss colours and mascara that's basically all u need if u have flawless skin it just gives the effect your wearing make up when u don't have to

• your too young

• Lot's of make-up tutorials on YouTube. Keep your make-up light. Too much make-up is not a good look. Don't wear make-up like the Kartrashians clan, its trashy.

• I started wearing makeup when i was in 5th grade lool. But it wasn't until last year I started wearing a lot of it. I have freckles and I hate them so I use foundation to cover them. You should watch some makeup tutorials on youtube. They helped me a lot and they give really good tips. Just look up makeup tutorials of whatever kind of makeup you want such as "natural makeup tutorial"