Is it vulgar for nipples to show through a woman's clothing?

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't think it is. Obviously you wouldn't wear a t-shirt without a bra to a job interview on a cold day, but sometimes girls' nipples show even when they have on a bra. I'm not scandalized or offended by that. The whole idea of being offended by that is just strange to me. Nipples become erect sometimes and in different situations like when it's cold. It's what they do.

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't think so. Nipples are a natural part of the human body; we shouldn't be shamed for what we are born with.

What Guys Said 31

• Nope it's 100%natural.
    There's NOTHING wrong with nipples.

• Vulgar and delicious. But I don't think people would think that. Just look at Jennifer Aniston on Friends. Or any show. God bless her, my past 13 year old self says. She loves showing her nipples through clothing. Or just doesn't care. No one is like "SATANIST!"

• Sometimes I think it would be an issue and that depends on where they are being 'shown'. A young girl probably shouldn't have visible nipples through her clothing.

A woman in a professional setting (ie work) probably shouldn't have them showing but there's much more room for exceptions there like in adult environments, bars, casinos, etc.

As a guy if I see a woman's nipples showing through clothing I probably enjoy it, but might think it is kind of trashy depending on the situation/location and the rest of the woman's attire as well as the weather/temperature. There might be a vibe of 'look at me' which I generally find unappealing.

• I don't believe it is. The rest of society however seems too uptight and has an unhealthy view of the human body. Their is nothing wrong with the human body. If anything it will be jealous women that will tear a woman down for her nipples showing as they desperately try to find a way to make themselves feel superior.

• I think it is completely normal... never saw it as vulgar or indecent or something

• Many believe it is. Does not bother me.

• Not even n my opinion.

• I prefer not to see them but wouldn't go as far as to call it vulgar.

• i don't think it's vulgar. not always something you can control

• Only if they aren't her nipples.

• No, it's something that needs to happen more often. Unless a woman needs a bra for back support, I say go braless.

• I don't know about vulgar or anything like that but it's usually something people will whisper to you. Like if your fly is down.

• What about Men? I hate wearing undershirts and if I'm cold my nipples get a little pointy and it shows. Not to work just casual places

• Sexy in my opinion.

• it just is- no big deal

• No, lol. It's not vulgar... it's nature. It just happens, the end.

• I guess it's only vulgar if you wearing a see through blouse like one of those female movie star at the emmys.

• It's like a boner it's normal to have it but you shouldn't 😂

• rachel off friends never thought so

• Depends on the situation but sometimes you can't help it.

• "Vulgar" isn't the right word, but I'd still recommend you try to avoid it.

• now, it's something natural which can happen.

• Pretty damn great.

• I mean I prefer not to see them but it's not vulgar

• Nope. I love when we have cold snaps suddenly during the day here in New England.

• I love it when they show, so I don't know if it's "vulgar" or not but its appreciated

• Yeah I think it is.
    A woman should wear a bra

• I swear it doesn't matter how they look I get a boner everytime

• Yeah, nobody really ever points it out though

• I believe it's damn sexy!

• More from Guys
    1

What Girls Said 17

• I think it is vulgar to a number of people depending on the setting you are in and what you're wearing/how you are portraying yourself and to others it may be a real turn on and some may not even think twice about it. Sometimes it's hard to control. Just a physiological response to cold.

• Well, it's certainly not tasteful...

• Men think it's sexy so yes it's vulgar. It isn't vulgar if men do it because most women don't find men's nipples to be sexy, not as much as men do at least.

• Not to me, everybody has them, it's not a big secret.

• Well, Jennifer Aniston and Courtney Cox did it when they were on Friends. So, free the nipples!

• it will get unwanted attention

• Absolutely not.

• Yes, sorry but if you do that, you do portray a certain image. If it's a white shirt, try a black bra underneath, or something. Very accepted in Europe. With see-through shirts, always try a bra that stands out completely or that you can't see at all (flesh-colored).

• Yeah it's vulgar

• I don't think so. I mean, it shouldn't be, but society makes them sexual.

• it is whatever...
    although I don t like doing this, cause it shows all gazes are on them and not my face
    -_-

• It is unless you are at home and flirting with your SO

• Honestly yes...

• It depends on where you are you can't teach kindergarten with your nips poking out

• I don't think it is. I mean I'm pretty sure everybody has seen a nipple before. It's not like your showing your entire body off.

• Nothing wrong with it.
    It's unavoidable at times.

• If done on purpose... yes, I think it is in very poor taste. It's just completely unnecessary