Gentlemen do you prefer high maintenance or the all natural gal?

It seems to me that young woman today are high maintenance and this includes both emotional and physical.

What I mean by that is young girls today spend far more on clothes, accessories, shoes, nails, hair than I would ever dream of doing. And while I do realize that the price of things has gone up I am still frugal. I do my own nails and pedicures, and I never pay full price for anything. It seems to me that all this spending and shopping is a emotional quick fix that is only temporary!

Most Helpful Guy

• All natural. I wish more girls would understand that there's no need to impress anyone and that they're beautiful just the way they are.

What Guys Said 5

• War-paint and regular tuneups are no fun. Nothing worse than waiting on a date that spends a week in advance getting decked up on a daily routine. As little makeup to none at all is best. Wearing good clothes is good though as you really don't want to look like a Lot Lizard, but if I can't "see" you, what's the point? About the only maintenance a woman should do is just enough to keep the zits at bay and nothing more. High maintenance sucks rat poison with rabbit turds!

Whoops! Sorry for being graphic, but you get the idea.

• No prob. You made me laugh!

• War-paint, rat poison, and rabbit turds. Not something I'd ever thought I'd see in one post. :)

• As long as the girl keeps herself physically clean, looks presentable whenever there is a social occasion, and can carry a conversation.she's okay in my book.

• I have a very high maintenance girl, but she gets along fine with my low maintenance budget. I like a girl who knows how to dress up for an occasion, but I love ones who can just throw on a pair of flip-flops and a hoodie and get going too. I'm currently working on an adaptation scheme so we can compromise ;)

Generally, I would say I don't choose women on the merit of their spending habits, but I value an ability to be reasonable and fair to their significant other. If they spent so much on clothes that they can't get a bottle of wine for dinner, maintenance is excessive.

Good luck!

• I'm impressed. Your a mature, realistic guy. And your 25. Compromise. Great answer!

• Thank you. I do try.

• I would say I lean more toward the natural. But a little bit of vanity is actually quite natural! I hate the absurd amounts of fake blonds, trashy makeup, and spray-on tans. On the other hand, I wouldn't say the flower-child hippy chick is all that appealing.

Remember you can't be too extreme with anything, and you must remain classy. A little make-up, concealer, maybe even a few trips to a hairstylist to get new ideas if you wanted. I believe a woman that wears a style that is her own, thoughtlessly, is very sexy. Don't try too hard, just be confident and comfortable, and unique. Uniqueness oozes charm. Think about it, does the guy with a polo shirt, jeans, and gelled up hair catch your eye? Or the guy who maybe blended a few different styles, and seemingly effortlessly created his own look with it's own charm? Us guys look at it the same way, well the better ones anyway ;)

• I personally prefer the all natural gal. I'm not a fan of makeup or fancy clothes or whatever. Once in a while is alright but I hate it when people constantly cover-up who they really are. 9/10 times I think women are even more beautiful without make-up than with. I also think it shows a lot more self confidence. Besides as you get older no amount of wrinkle cream and blush can save you.

• Your absolutely right about that wrinkle cream! The best compliment I ever got was in the all natural!

What Girls Said 2

• I'm 29. Not sure if that counts as young or not, but if so we're not all like that. I'm not and I would say that most of my friends aren't either. I guess I like shopping sometimes, but only if it's for something I really want and getting a good deal is mandatory. I'll take a while to get ready if I'm going to a wedding or something, but if it's just a regular day I can shower and get dressed in about 20 minutes.

• It counts as young still. Everyone want to be 29 forever.! I like your answer. I am pretty much the same way. Can get ready in 20 and of course take longer for a special event.

• I think there is immense pressure on young girls today to look good, but also some women enjoy indulging themselves with these things and why not? I'll agree that there is only a temporary "buzz" from this stuff, but at a young age girls are just learning who they are and what they want you can't expect them to realize at age 17 (my age) that they would get far more enjoyment from spending a day with family rather than getting done up and heading out for a night on the town. I think different age groups do different things, but as you get older and wiser you see more sense.

• I where make up and love clothes. Nothing wrong with it as long as your healthy on the inside and not always worrying about the outside. Yes, clean, a little make and a cute top make you feel good I agree. But like you stated a lot of pressure on young woman today and that is my point. So much pressure that it actually turns men off. Read the comments from the men.