Im 15 and I've never worn makeup. Should I start wearing some?

do you guys like it when a girl wears makeup? if so, how much? i've never worn any makeup and i don't know if i should start wearing it so...

• natural (no makeup)
  • makeup that looks natural
  • makeup (winged eyeliner and more visible stuff i guess?)
  • very much makeup (false eyelashes and all that jazz)

Most Helpful Guy

• i love a girl who looks good and feel comfortable without wearing makeup... it's awesome

but i'm definitely not at all against a girl wearing a tasteful amount of makeup

What Guys Said 7

• I find too much make-up on a girl is unattractive. If you're going to wear make-up, subtleness is more effective. Or just go all natural.

• Hi Welcome to site - Wear what you are comfortable and happy with - My personal preference is A or B

• Be confident in your natural looks

• If you want to start wearing makeup then don't over do it and just have a natural look with it.

• yes you should

• not hating, but you are only 15 lol

• Girls like when girls wear make up I don't know why

What Girls Said 26

• If you really wanna wear some makeup you can start with some mascara. I'm only a couple years older than you but I was that little kid who loved dressing up so I think i started wearing mascara back when i was in like grade 6... Maybe 7. I can't remember, but i was young. I envy that you held off on wearing makeup till now. I had perfect skin in grade 9 but I put on foundation and basically full on makeup every morning. Plus it wasn't the right shade and i stopped right where my face stops so there was a clear line. Aha it was horrible, my mom pointed it out one day.
    Anyways i know that has nothing to do with what you're asking but what i suggest is trying a bit of mascara. If you don't like it then no harm no foul. If you do stay away from waterproof mascara. Its horrible to take off. You could end up pulling out some of you're lashes, which trust me you do not want to do.

• I'm 18 and the most I wear is mascara 😂 don't ruin your skin with makeup bullshit

• I don't wear makeup at all and its because i don't really need it. Unless a pimple pops up on my face and i seriously need to cover it. But age is nothing but a number , don't put on makeup because you feel like its a specific age for you to do so. Love your natural skin and take care of it. Just know once you wear makeup it may cause un even skin depends on what you're skin is alergic. I don't recommend makeup if you don't need it..

I use natural things like mint face masks and petroleum jelly aka (vaseline) on my lips. Anything extra is taking care of my skin for the natural glow. Color for the lips i use a healthy chapstick that has different colors for fashion but also something to keep your lips hydrated.

Dry lips are a huge turn off so i prefer the smoothness and nice color.

• Honey please, you do not need to wear make up to make other people like you more or cause you think it's odd that you don't.

Wear make up if you want to, because it will make you happier.
    Trust me, I can't go in public or take selfies without any make up on or I feel extremely self concious.

I was so much happier before I started wearing make up.
    So please, if you wear make up do it for yourself.
    And if you do decide to, you can ask me for some help on tips.

• I wondered the same thing when I was your age. I ended up not wearing it (except for special occasions of course) and have become so comfortable in my skin, it's amazing. You really do learn to love yourself without makeup. Plus when I do wear even a little people think I'm really dressed up so it's fun to only wear it when I feel like it.

• My make up routine is:
    Moisturizer
    Primer
    Foundation (even though I use it as concealer)
    Powder to set my make up
    Eyebrows on fleek💁🏻😂
    Sometimes eyeliner but meh
    Mascara
    But i'll go bare faced happily as well.
    If you want to start wearing it, go for it! I'd build it up, if you don't have a lot of zits you can just use concealer or foundation as concealer, and maybe some powder. Mascara is nice to start with, because it's not that different of your normal face. You could also draw in your eyebrows a little. Don't overdo it, make up is something you need to learn.. I had a year of looking horrible because I used the wrong kinds😛 Get advised, maybe?

• Nowadays girls start wearing makeup really early. It makes them look 5 years older which isn't bad but it isn't really great. Enjoy your great skin and free face, because sometimes we get too caught up in looking nice and there's just always so much to do. I love makeup, I really do, but I would never go back in time and put it on at 15 or even 16. Wait a few years, you have the rest of your life to play adult.

• Don't wear make you if you don't need to. I usually only wear make up when I have acne so that it is all covered. I also wear make up to a formal event when you have to look nice. If I wear make up on a regular day, I usually try to make it look natural. I don't like to apply a lot of make up because then I just feel gross and I feel fake. It's always better to go without make up or just a natural look. Maybe try some eyeshadow and mascara and tinted chapstick to brighten the eyes and lips up a bit to make it look natural.

• In my opinion still too young.

• i personally wear makeup for many reasons but one big reason is that its fun to apply. I know this sounds cliche but you do have a choice and dont let society tell you who you have to be.

• You don't have to!

• Maybe just eye liner and lip gloss. If you have nice lashes, brows and skin, you don't need make up.

• I'm 18 and while I wear makeup sometimes, it's only when I'm forced to. It's not necessary at all and you don't have to if you don't want to. Don't do it just cause everyone else is.

• Start off with a liquid liner on top (it doesn't have to be winged out) and maybe some mascara

• forget it, you're young for that crap

• Where what you're comfortable with and your mom allows. Also be tasteful with the amount and get the right colors. You don't want a foundation/concealer that's too light or too dark. I wear a full face mostly because it's fun and I like it lol. Also if you do decide to wear makeup just know some dickheads might try to bother you about it. My advice flip them off and tell them to fuck themselves :)

• You can do the natural makeup look but at your age mascara, winged eyeliner and eyeshadow maybe some blush and foundation would look great because its more visible and enhances your natural features

• I wear light makeup because I don't like that caked on feeling and I think it looks more natural and pretty. Not sure if you ever noticed this but the girls I've seen who wear a lot of make up have acne. And when they put make up on to cover it up you can see their bumps and dry patches and pimples... gross. I personally think that it just makes their skin look worse. I wouldn't wear that much make up if you have problematic skin.

• Not if you don't feel like. You shouldn't wear make up because other girls do or because someone says you should. I'm 19 and I have never worn make up and don't think I ever will. :)

• Do what you want girl, but if you want to.. a little lipgloss and mascara girl ;)

• Well if you want to wear makeup then go right ahead but you don't have to.

I don't wear that much

• I recommand natural looking makeup preferably once you turn 16.

• i dont care do whatever you want to do
    im 18 and i never wear make up

• Wear it only if you want to and then don't put too much on, do a natural look.

• Do not wear make-up yet. If you start you have to wear all the time. Your skin will not ne able to breath so you will have your first wrinkles earlier than it should be. And yes maybe guys like it when you're wearing makeup but your prettiness will be fake.

• Only if you really want to.