Have you ever been turned down because of your race?

I am a brown woman I think two guys have backed away in my life with other excuses when they really were just uneasy about my race or being with a person of another race long term. Wanted to know if that happened to you when a person you liked without prejudice did the prejudiced thing against you. How did it make you feel?

Most Helpful Guy

• I'd imagine so, white men are seen as some sort of devil incarnate nowadays.

• I'm not anti white men. I am not anti anyone. People of all races are attractive individual to individual. But this is the treatment I have gotten from two white guys.

• Rare but good

• I hope you can find a white man that isn't a dickhead sometime soon.

Most Helpful Girl

• Propably the reason why I've never neen kissed or been on a date. Most people in my country are white and I'm not. I read somewhere that white girls are those you van bring home and show your parents and darker girls are okay for fooling around and anal.

• Yes, we are exotic and thought of as easy for use

• Too bad I'm not south Asian or middle eastern

• @loofah great point, we have those hypocrites too

What Guys Said 7

• Oh yes, it sucks because there's no chance for success. I would be more understanding if women don't like me because I am ugly.

• I'm a somewhat tanned Mexican American and I've been discriminated against by Greeks a few times in my life at Churches. I think they tend to view me as an outsider intruding on their ethnic enclave despite the fact that I am still 100% Orthodox having been baptized and received into the faith. It's just a bunch of little things like hearing them use the term "Mongoloid" to describe me.

• Sorry to hear that, I honestly thought that was not such an issue anymore - The nearest I have had was a girl being unsure of starting anything because of different nationalities and how my family may take to her - We weren't together long but my family liked her.

• Yes I was the only white teen at a car wash and the guys complained about me and I was let go in my first 60 min on the job and was never even paid a cent after he had said he would pay me.

• It's never happened to me. But I've done it to other people.

• I haven't been turned down because of my race, but I have seen girls who say they don't date my race. It's racist, but hey it's their life.

• same here!! :D :D its ok don't feel bad! Will you accept a very ugly looking man? we are ugly looking from their view point!

• I'm not ugly

• they feel you are ugly or they are scared of your customs and culture, behavior etc.. !

• From their pov, they found me hot enough to hit on me, I didn't jump them

What Girls Said 4

• No... But that's not really likely to happen somewhere where we're all the same race...

• I do have a racial preference, and so do most guys I think. It's never happened to me though.

• No, not really.

• Okay but what does brown mean. They're calling everyone who isn't lilywhite or black brown now. Are you Middle Eastern, Latina, Native American