• Ask
  • myTake

Girls, what do you think of guys wearing leather jackets?

yeah so a few months ago I decided to buy a $500 leather jacket, and ever since I get snarky comments from guys but yet the girls seem to think it's attractive (ie. eying me when I walk down the hall lol)... I don't understand it. Like even buddies of my buddies say snarky things behind me when I pass like "he thinks he's cool", "he thinks he's hard", etc. I am just wondering, what do you think? I like it, I think it looks good on me and personally I don't care about the comments... you don't spend $500 on something and only wear it out a few times.

You know, I feel pretty goddamn confident with my leather jacket on. Ever since I started wearing it, guys seem to be more intimidated by me... and it boosts my confidence when I am with the girl I am seeing as it makes her feel protected.

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000

Most Helpful Opinion

• F*CK what those dudes think! 99.9% of us girls here anyways say it looks DAMN hot so flaunt it baby ;)

What Girls Said 35

• Guys in leather jackets are hot. If you paid $500 for it and you like it, it shouldn't matter what anybody says about how you look, just wear it.

• they're probably jealous. I love a leather jacket on a man, very sexy.

• its the curse of the Fonz...don't worry about it. Leather jackets are hot.

• When everi wore mine OMG everyone said that!! ugh that's why I stoped wearing it

• boy oh boy do I love a man in a leather jacket!on a school trip to a museam, the guy I like was wearing a black leather jacket...for the whole ENTIRE tour my mind was totally racing with how unbelievably hot he looked!leather jackets make make me think of a risque bad ass, sexyness and the movie Grease. which are all awesome! =)wear it!

• i dnt realli like bois tht wear coats jumper big jumpers are better

• It's hot! The guys who say stuff behind your back are just jealous.

• lol let them be jealous and let all the ladies flock to u! hahaha some guys can't pull it off and look really dumb. but then there are others that look really hot with it too!

• i like them :D

• I like leather jackets on guys, and wear it if you like it no matter what your friends say. You're not wearing it for them.But sweet Jesus damn, $500?!

• It is more than likely jealousy.Leather jackets look great on a guy,in my opinion and really put an edge to their style.They could either be jealous of the attention you are getting or they know how much you paid for that jacket and they envy your ability to afford such things.Judging by the information in your question you are obviously confident in yourself-yet another thing to cause jealousy.When people are insecure they rag on others to raise their own self-esteem but in the long run,only end up dragging themselves down further.If all the comments ever do start to get you down just remember that.Good luck!

• leather jacket=bad ass= hot= girls eyes pop.yeah and the guys are jealous... the leather jacket is a turn on a.) because its just hot and B.) because it says that your confident and your not afraid to step out from the crowd a little..

• I personaly like leather jackets but some people think its either too 50's or they think you are trying to be the bad boy. But wear it and don't listen to what other people say.

• i personally have a leather bomber jacket and will let my hair go wild and long and I love the way it looks and how badass I feel (even if its only for a little while) so if you feel great and other people seem to dig it too, then you should enjoy the compliments and ignore your friend's jokes(:

• if you wear it with fitted straight leg dark jeans fitted hat nice belt shiney chain white tee and some hot ass sneakers you will b lookin sexy trust me I see boys dress like that and I'm like dammmmnnn

• well. I personally like anything made out of leather, but I HATE it when people think they are cooler just because they have some sort of new expensive or just good looking clothing.

• I don't htink it makes me cooler I just think it looks good

• I don't have that mentality at all. Maybe the guys are jealous because they can't pull off the leather? Haha. Either way, I personally find leather sexy on most guys. That's just me, though.

• one word: HOT! it gives them the bad bay look tho

• Wear it there hot! I wear one all the time I got three of um an every time I see a guy in one I'm like "ow wed look good together" ;) plus they last forever! So its not a waist a money well if you use it lol

• A lot of the appeal depends on the guy himself. Not everyone can pull off a leather jacket - and, likewise, not every outfit would complement it. But that's the girl in me talking. :) I find them very attractive on most men. While I could argue that, yeah, sometimes it makes a guy look arrogant/vain/conceited/etc. if your personality is at least tolerable then you have nothing to worry about! Snarky comments from your guy friends just mean they're jealous. ;P

• Some can't pull it off, and some wear it completely wrong, But if the girls are paying attention, you must be ok. If you feel confident, by all means, wear it. Don't let us tell you whether to wear it or not. Damn right the losers are intimidated, you probably look sexy in it. :))

• Who cares what guys think there not the ones you are trying to impress anyways girls like guys to wear leather jackets cause it makes them look like a bad boy and to be honest every girl wants a bad boy so for get the dudes there just jealous!

• I love it! Don't listen to the boys, it's the girls you want to impress anyway.

• Leather jackets are the hottest thing EVER! Just seeing a guy in a leather jacket turns me on xDDD...u know what's even more hot? Leather pants! Or, long hair on guys...:O...grrr...it attracts the wildest girls ;)...

• BADASS.

• Don't worry about your guy friends, they are just jealous leather jackets are sexy.

• All those people who just say "snarky things" behind your back are just haters, don't let them get to you they just envy you because you know you look good.

• i love leather. I bought brown leather boots for $350 and leather handbag for $230.you know, leather and fur can make you look like a snob. especially if you have the attitude that goes along with it lol as long as you don't wear skinny jeans, a ton of hair wax or eyeliner its hottt :)

• Definitely wear it, it's hot. They're probably just jealous

• sexyyy

• They think that wearing a leather jacket is very cool. They want to show that they have money.

• Show More

What Guys Said 8

• I'll do an update on my own answer... I used to have comments about my appearance shouted at me by guys, and girls actually liked my dress sense. So anytime I thought about a guy insulting me I'd think to myself, 'Just as well I'm not looking to chatup guys then, isn't it?'.

• Could be several reasons, I used to get the same sort of things... A lot of guys think having something fashionable is 'gay' and a lot of guys just seem to pick on that in a somewhat homophobic manner. Jealousy is also a common one, if you own something expensive someone will often make you out to be a snob, they never assume its a one off buy. The comment about thinking you are trying to be cool or a hard man, is generally based from all those high school films where the cool kids and bullys wear leather jackets, in a way its like Grease or even just Fonze from happy days, I think a lot of guys can be quick to judge someone. Girls like whatever they think looks good, they don't automatically stereotype you for what you wear because of something unrelated. It probably has to do with the difference in male and female thinking patterns.

• your guy friends might do this because you have what they want. Or they know girls may be more attracted to you than themif you like it, then wear it - f*** what those guys think

• My question would be; are you wearing it to make yourself feel secure, or because you actually like the jacket enough to spend $500 dollars on it? Why would you spend $500 on a jacket anyway? I got mine for $12, and it provides the exact same influence as described in your question.Guys will always be "snarky". It's politics, really. Take a look at girls and tell me that they aren't just as bad. Not only that, but it is partially your fault as well. Wearing a leather jacket all the time is the same as wearing sunglasses when you're indoors. You're kinda fishing for comments, whether they're good or bad.

• Ok guys say sh*t behind your back not because they are jealous (like every girl on here imagines for no reason) but because anyone with any experience with men who wear leather jackets knows that 99% of the time the guy doesn't just like leather jackets. He's either an asshole, or a guy trying too hard to seem like an asshole just so he can get chicks, and yes they buy leather jackets specifically for that purpose. I call it leather jacket syndrome, and someone's probably going to make it scientific law sometime soon.

• well if you like it then wear it ...bu remember because of you buying it the animal was killed:(

• I think of motorcycle gangs...

• Whatever satisfies the chiquetas I guess. I think it's weird, but hey, it doesn't really matter what I think if it's for the babes, hahaha