Is tucking shirts in going out of style?

It seems in the past if your going somewhere nice like for Holidays or a night on the town your supposed to dress nice, that used to mean nice pants and shirt tucked in. Nowadays I rarely see shirts tucked in, for my body type I never liked how it looked anyway, but now men and women seem to wear hoodies and long shirts often and rarely tuck shirts in. With the exception of weddings or work it seems like a fading style. Even if tucked in now it's more of a half tuck, which in the past would of been considered sloppy. Also the rule for men and women would be shirt tucked in to pants always wear a belt, is that still the rule?

• Yes, it's very much still in style
  • It's still in style but not as popular
  • It's not in style anymore
Bump

Most Helpful Girl

• It'll never go out of style

Most Helpful Guy

• Important style point: some button down shirts are made to be untucked, with a squared off lower part. These are acceptable to wear untucked. Other shirts are built to be tucked in, with a longer and more rounded bottom edge. If you wear this untucked, you likely look bad. The occasion is also a factor. If you're out at a bar or something, do what feels right. If I'm going out to dinner at reasonably nice restaurant, I'm tucking in. There's casual, and then there's what I'd call "classy casual." And remember that if the worst thing someone says about you is that you're the best dressed person in the room, you're doing alright for yourself👍

• I never knew that about button down shirts, I assumed they all could be tucked or untucked (for men). Oops hope I haven't worn the wrong ones untucked!

What Girls Said 4

• A...
    But I don't think it looks really cute at all - on women.
    On men it looks good.

• What aspect of it on women doesn't look good?

• Well that's why, as I'm writing this, it's all only in my opinion. You have yours and it differs from mine... That's normal.

• That's ok I was just trying to see your point of view

• I don't think so, its a style that will always be in. Looks very smart :)

• In terms of casual wear, no, it's not in fashion any longer.

• It's still in style, yet I don't like it.

What Guys Said 6

• I think it is a fashion trend and maybe a bit of insecurity - To look really well in a tucked in shirt, you either have to be very thin or toned - The tucked in shirt can be unforgiving - Last part yes I would always wear a belt with a tucked in shirt.

• I am thin that's why in the past I wore it but lately preferred not to.

• I think its harder to pull off an outfit with a tucked in, rather an untucked shirt - especially if you are fat/overweight. Therefore most guys nowadays, including myself, always untuck unless its a formal occasion

• I don't tuck my shirt in or wear a belt. It doesn't fit me in my opinion, but it's also just not comfortable. I'm not sacrificing comfort for being "in style".

• I only ever did in middle school cause it was enforced through dress code.
    They were afraid of this xD
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Epeo8Pfm1xM

See how his shirt is barely baggy? Now imagine that with the double XLL shirts we used to wear in the early 2000's

• I always tucked in my shirts since I can remember. Because of it other kids laughed at me in school but I never really cared. Still doing it.

• who cares?