Is a small tattoo a big turn off in an otherwise pretty girl?

So i got this tattoo for new years cuz i wanted to make a change:

The text is something that means a lot to me but lets just say the response friends and guys was very... mixed

I'm very feminine and girly in terms of style and i don't think this takes away from that. But I feel like I try to look classy and I'm scared this may come off as trashy :/ thoughts?

Most Helpful Guy

• It's probably not enough to write you off but I don't like tattoos at all, it's lie you've been doodled on and it's permanent. Plus people say it's there coz it means something to them, I don't get that coz plenty of shit means something to me and I don't need a reminder in ink. If someone feels that way about tattoos but can't see past that and remember there's a person that tattoo is on and that's the most important bit- then who cares really? Fuck 'em.

• I never liked them either but for some reason i got it in my head this nye i wanted one

Most Helpful Girl

• I like it! It has meaning to you and that's awesome!

And to be honest, if any guy thinks that a tattoo that means a lot to you is trashy, then he's not someone you want to be with. There are plenty of guys out there that like tattoos. If a guy doesn't like it, then he's not the right guy for you.

• Thanks! Yeah it comes with a story that tells a lot about me so thats why I got it. And uts a nice little reminder for me. But this one guy I'm seeing told me i was an idiot for getting it

• He can be an ass. He always tells me I'm 100% his type so i feel like in his mind i ruined that

• whatever who cares what he says then, lol. There are definitely guys out there who like tattoos.

What Guys Said 9

• Search Results

The "tetrapharmakos" was originally a compound of four drugs (wax, tallow, pitch and resin); the word has been used metaphorically by Roman-era Epicureans. to refer to the four remedies for healing the soul.

• A tattoo is very off-putting. It's a sign that whoever is wearing it has a weak mind and easily falls for dumb group behaviors.

• Keep the tattoo and I love the meaning of it and that is a cool philosophy to live by. Get rid of the guy he sounds like he has a shallow mind. You go girl!

• random nerd tattoos are more unappealing than a tramp stamp.. especially words.

if i saw that on your arm.. i'd think oh gawd.. she wants people to see it... then read it... then wonder what it means... i wouldn't wanna ask about it (cuz i dont like it), but i would outta politeness if we were hitting it off, and u noticed me noticing it.

4 drugs or something.

• Well now you have to live with it. Sorry.

• I looked up meaning of tattoo - It is very nice - I like it

• I don't know what it means? If you had a small photo tattoo I would say that's much better

• It's cute, I like it.

• Don't do it, you wouldn't put a bumber sticker on a Porsche

What Girls Said 5

• Tatoos are just dealbreakers to a lot of guys, especiall the ones that don't have any. They never look classy with a dress, but can look good with jeans. If you want tatoos, you have to give up classy. Tha is just how society's view of classy is at right now.

• Haha The first half of the word means 'carton' of milk in my language...
    But no, I don't think anything can really detract from a pretty person. =)

Unless they're ugly inside - then all is shot to hell.

• The entire word is a work by a Greek philosopher

• Lol noo haha. They're: 1 don't fear god, 2 don't worry about death, 3 whats goid is easy to get, 4 whats terrible is easy to bear. Its pm my view of life

• Oh, interesting philosophy... =)

• If you're trying to look classy, tattoos are never the way to go. I have nothing against them, but there's nothing classy about tattoos, both historically and currently.

It might have been better for you to actually get the tetrapharmakos tattooed on your body as opposed to the word, but I guess that would liken the tattoo to stars on a woman's foot.

• Well I mean. Why? I know it was your decision but why that word. Half the people won't even know what it means. But hey if you like it forget about the rest

• I think it's great, don't you dare take it off! What does it mean by the way? :)