Any ways to make hair look more shiny and healthy?

Most Helpful Guy

• Every morning, i take a shower, use a jar of REAL virgin coconut oil--not the product that is specifically made for hair. I find it has more of an effect. The hair product version just doesn't really DO anything. I also use a little more of it than recommended. I NEVER use shampoo or conditioner. They dry out my hair. Insead i wash it thoroughly, and use only the coconut oil. Then when i get out of the shower i don't even touch it with a towel. I only blowdry it on medium setting. Yes, it takes a while, but its worth it. Then i use a brush to untangle it, and a comb afterwards to make it more fine and smooth.

But this is just because of my hair type. I naturally have VERY dry, brittle, wavy hair. But when i use my routine it becomes soft, smooth, shiny, and very straight--but also thick.

It may not work for you, but its the best advice i have.

Most Helpful Girl

• - Don't wash your hair too often. 2-3 times a week is enough. Your hair won't become greasy. If you wash more often than 2-3 times a week it might, but only as a reaction to you drying out your scalp with too many hair washes. It will stop being greasy within a week or two.
    - I use Aussie conditioners, they're like magic.
    - Don't use things like curling wands, blow dryers or hair straighteners too often, as it damages your hair. When it comes to blow drying your hair, thoroughly dry it in a towel first and then let it freely dry for 10-30 minutes before using a blow dryer. It minimizes the amount of heat you put your hair through. It also helps to use the lowest heat setting on your dryer.
    - Don't put your hair in a ponytail or bun too often, as it also strains your hair in the long run. Try to also avoid sleeping with your hair up, because when you actually lie on the bun/ponytail, you're putting crazy amounts of pressure on it. It'll slowly break your hair.
    - When you comb your hair, start from the ends and work your way up. That way the tangles won't gather into a lump and you won't have to use force to untangle them, also breaking your hair.
    - Use a comb/brush specifically designed for your hair type.
    - Use hair oils, my favorite is Moroccan oil.
    - Try to avoid bleaching or dying your hair too often, and when you do, let a professional take care of it (box dyes are no good).

• And when you do use straighteners or curling wands, spray your hair with a heat protectant first and let it dry. Also never use straighteners or curling wands on wet hair. Your hair is the weakest and most vulnerable when it's wet.

What Guys Said 3

• Lots of links on google search page - Have a look in your own time might find some new advice
    www.google.ie/search

• Get an all natural shampoo/conditioner. I just use ACV. Make sure you're not washing your hair too often as that dries it out. Make sure you apply extra virgin coconut/olive oil daily.

• Eat better food.

• I do I run cross country and track so it's exposed to the sun a lot.

What Girls Said 10

• Put leave in conditioner at the ends - or in your whole hair - depending on the level of damage...

Use coconut oil for conditioning when you plan on staying home all day or sleep with it rubbed into your hair - once every few days.

• OIL
    PLAITS
    HYGIENE
    👌🏾

• I put oil in my hair!

• I use conditioner and let it sit for a minute before washing it out. I always get compliments on it. I also only wash it a couple times a week so the natural oils aren't getting stripped from my hair as often

• Yes, applying olive oil. Keep it for at least 6 hours. Hair gets heavy, it's awful doing it. Then wash off with multiple shampoo washes. Being hispanic or Indian always helps.

• since i was a little my mother always taught me a few homemade hair treatments to make him stronger, healthy and shiny. For example, you can apply Coconut Oil in your hair regulary (leave it for 30 minutes), Olive oil or honey helps too. By the way, always wash your hair with natural shampoo first and the conditioner apart (not both in the same)

• coconut oil, do not let it air dry

• Coconut oil or Almond Oil are your best friends. :)
    Also try to use a shampoo thats sulfate-free as it takes away shine.

• Don't blow dry your hair or straighten your hair as much!

• when you shower, in this weather obviously people use warm water
    wash your hair with it and put conditioner or w/e you put on your hair
    wahs the rest of your body, shave... etc while the conditioner does its thing

then wash with cold water... and by cold i mean freazing lol like turn off hot water completely and let the cold run

its better for your hair because warm water opens up the hair and it absorbs more conditioner or w/e and then the cold closes it trapping the moisture inside and also it makes the hair smoother since the cuticles are lying flat which makes it look more shiny

and yea bend over and let it pour on your head only if you can't handle it touching your body (like me lol) butttttt cold water is more than fantastic for skin too it makes it tighter and softer and more radiant and
    cold water is healthy in general... but its torture xD

and take good care of your hair , healthy hair tends to be more shiny and pretty

... or something xD