Girls, Is it OK to compliment a girl's sports bra?

Ok, so I was hanging out with friends and pointed out to one of them that she and I matched. She had on a sports bra under her tank top that was the exact same color as the shirt I was wearing. I didn't think it was a big deal since the straps were clearly visible on her shoulders, but she seemed to be really embarrassed about it and quit wearing tank tops for a week or two. I really don't want to make this mistake, again. Was I out of line: is this something that I shouldn't comment on or do most girls appreciate it when guys notice little things like this? Thoughts?

3

Most Helpful Girl

• It's not so much what you say, but how you say it. You must have sounded creepy (or worst) when you said it.
    It's the same when trying to talk to a woman/girl. You can have the worst pick up line in the world, but if you say it right; you'll still get the girl.

What Girls Said 2

• It's creepy.

• well she probably thinks your looking at her boobs and that makes some girls uncomfortable so don't do it again