Where should I get a tattoo?

I'm in my early 40's and have contemplated getting a tattoo of my daughters name. I dont have any tattoos so this would be my first (I contemplated getting one in my 20's but couldnt decide what to get). My sister in law has one on her shoulder which looks good but I think I would like it in a spot where I could see it. I thought about my stomach but not sure if that is a good spot. Where would you suggest and why? Also, anyone got any general advice on getting one?

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes the stomach, upper pelvic area is a good place if you want to see it - Apart from that to see it you have lower arms and legs but I would pick stomach if it was me.

• Thanks for your answer. I'm thinking lower arms or legs might be harder to cover up for work (or restricts what I can wear). But I wouldn't want to show my stomach at work so that would work.

• Thanks for MHG

What Guys Said 4

• On your shoulder

• Thanks for your answer. Back, front or arm part... and why?

• The back of the shoulder because it can symbolize that no matter what happens, your daughter "has your back." Secondly, it's less noticeable if you have an important meeting to go to and need to cover it up.

• That's nice. Thanks :)

• I see names on the wrist, forearm, and ankle often.

• Thanks for your answer. Is that on guys or girls?

• It's for both genders but ankle more for women

• Ok. Thanks for your answer :)

• crotch area is sexy

• Do you mean around the pelvic area? or thigh?

• Or enter at own risk haha.

• ha! oh yea oh there's a lot lol

• Big mistake. Getting a tattoo doesn't prove that you love someone. There are lots of guys running around with tattoos of their exes names on their arms or asses.

• I didn't say I was doing it to prove I love her, there are a billion things I do on a daily basis to show I love her. And she will always be my daughter so not the same as getting an SO's name (who may become an ex).

What Girls Said 1

• An anal tat is always an option.

• Where exactly on the ass do you mean?

• I'm not. Google it.

• Ok I will haha...