At what age did you get your first piercing and what was it?

i'm always seeing a lot of young people with piercings of one sort or another. and though this be an interesting question to ask , at what age did you get your first piercing ( not basic ear piercing but like other piercings ) and what was it?

• 14 or younger
  • 15-16
  • 17-18
  • 18 or older
  • don't have any piercings yet

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

• In American culture we have few ceremonies and even fewer rites of passage.
    I wanted a rite of passage (at age 35), and wasn't ready for a tattoo yet.
    Male rites of passage often involve body modification and the knowledge that pain, and quite a lot, is going to be inflicted. So I did my research to see what the most painful piercing a man could get was. Turns out it wasn't the one I thought it was going to be. It was nipples. So I went down to my piercer and had my nipples done. I found that the first one wasn't the test. The second one was where mettle was tested.

What Girls Said 11

• I got my ears pierced when I was baby, I don't even remember. However I did get a belly button piercing at 13 I believe and yes it was against the law and my parents wishes lol.

• Oh shoot, I didn't realize you said ear piercing excluded. Well, I will say this anyways since I only have my ears pierced. I first got them pierced at age 9 or 10, but my baby sister used to pull on my earrings and almost made the earrings slice through my ear lobe. Had to let that close up and got them re-pierced at age 14. Can't really handle heavy earrings anymore.

• I pierced my nose at the age of 14 then when I turned 18 my mom's bday gift to me was my snake bites.

• Really young. Like... single digits young. It was my earlobes.

And then a cartilage piercing around 16
    And then I got an anti tragus.
    And then my nose.
    And then I got a double forward helix.

• Ha... I was 16 or 17 when I got mine. I got my ears pierced.
    About a year later I got my belly pierced which I didn't tell anyone about. It rejected and I have a little scar.

• I can't really remember...
    You don't mean ears, or do you?
    If you mean ears then maybe 3 or 4...

• Maybe 2 or something. I got my ears pierced.

• I first got an ear piercing when I was 7, but the hole closed due to too many infections. At age 16 I tried another piercing again, and so far so good.

• When I was 8 I got both ears pierced and that's it

• I got my ears pierced when I was like 6 weeks old

• I have never had anything pierced.

What Guys Said 4

• Never had one. I wanted an earring (that's how long ago this was, when guys just wore ONE earring, haha) when I was in junior high but my dad said men with earrings are douchebags, so no dice, haha. All for the better because it turns out I have attached earlobes and I could pull an earring off anyway. I think tats and piercings and all that can look cool, but they definitely wouldn't work for me, I don't have the right look for them.

• I would expect in the 16 to 20 age range for "Non Ear " first piercing for an initial surge of individualistic teens then another surge of early 20s for the experimenters among us.

• I got my ears pierced two Octobers ago, stretched them over the next year, and then in March I am getting some dermal piercings.

• rather madly 23, i just fancied having one large hoop in, it went the day i hit 30