Do you ever wish people would go back to how they dressed 50 years or so ago?

I normally dont watch tv but over the holiday i watched a bunch of "classic" shows. The men wore suits ties and the woman had dresses. The styles could use some updating but I absoultly loved how formal it was.

Most Helpful Girl

• Strangely enough I would simply love and adore to wear the dresses/gowns and outfits of the 30's & 40's.. I just think the women looked so elegant in those days.. Of course the men were total gentlemen back then, and were always dressed so daper.

What Guys Said 8

• I always like how Sean Connery dressed in the early James Bond movies he was always dressed to impress like he had a purpose but never to much that it couldn't be casual as well. His style is still in style to this day 50 years 24 bond movies later any one could base their wardrobe off of his.

• Not a huge fan of formality in clothes - My preference is the more casual look

• I rather date a woman who dress like how the women did in the 60's

• Yeah, i agree. I wish women would dress like that, but it is what it is. If you want to you can dress like that, I have seen girls dress retro on fashion blogs and stuff.

• The 60s? No thank you, I can only handle so much paisley.

• well the colors and prints would need updated

• I dress gothic when I am not working with a focus on Elizabethion and haught styles. Most of my friends dress formally already.

• I wear suits when I intend to pick up women, for this reason. Suits make bitches wet.

• Yea, but yr suits are probably made of fabrics that didn't exist before 1991 or so.

Any fabric with stretch (elastane, spandex, modal, etc)
      Any fabric you don't have to press
      Any fabric that wicks sweat
      Any fabric with a color change depending on the grain
      All recent inventions.

The guys in the old shows only look good because the suits were bespoke from head to toe. Some of the big stars had dressforms literally molded to the shape of their bodies, and then the tailors sewed the suits right around the dressforms. Even more bespoke than bespoke, no tape measure necessary, tyvm.

Srsly, you ever tried on an actual pre-1980 suit? From a vintage place? Even top brand? It'll break yr heart.

• Nah, I'm good.

• No, I like girls with jeans

What Girls Said 8

• Some of the outfits from the 50's but it was more formal/conservative due to societal reasons versus purely fashion-related. It was the norm for women to be stay at home moms, not feel free to be quite as outspoken as now so it all changed together.
    We can and still do take influence from those times in what we wear now so that's probably enough for me.

• Yes I do! xoxo

• Not that far I would want to go back to whatever year when guys wore leather jackets, skinny jeans and way too much hair jail, and girls were long skirts with poodles on it.

Or to the 70's god I would look so good with an afro 😌

• formal outfits look good!! i agree

• Yes I loved it!!!

• I do agree but some of the fashions of today are based off oldies. I absolutely loved the 70's and 80's dressing tho

• you mean with actuall decent classy, elegent clothes and not walking around half naked and calling it "empowernment"
    YES !

• I always wished that lol.