I never wear makeup. Is this a bad thing for a 20 y/o female?

Tbh, it's not that I hate it, I just never really wore it. Never got into the makeup thing. The most I do is get my eyebrows shaped and moisturize my face. I'm not a tomboy or anything either, just feel indifferent about makeup.

I haven't had a problem getting guys' attention, they don't seem to care that I don't wear makeup. However, what I'm starting to realize is that it isn't guys that make me feel self-concious about wearing makeup... it's women. They're the only ones telling me I should be wearing it and ask why I don't.

So is it bad that I don't wear it?

Most Helpful Guy

• No, its fucking awesome. You're honestly so ahead of your time and girls everywhere should want to be like you. Guys want girls to realize that we don't care about makeup. Yes sometimes tiny things around the eyes look nice but if we notice it in under 15 seconds, we probably don't like it.

Do what YOU want to do and please don't spend hours of your time trying to do something because it's what you're "Supposed" to do. I swear, being confident in yourself is more attractive than a Hollywood makeup job can ever be.

What Guys Said 9

• I think it would be kinda cool if all girls avoided wearing makeup unless they were getting dressed up for something.

So no, it's not bad at all that you don't wear it. And if you ever do wear it, you probably impress everyone.

• No, it's not bad. I bet you look great without it.

• I love a woman natural look. I see the woman true beauty so she would know what I see in her when I tell her she is beautiful.

• I don't see why that would be a bad thing, considering makeup is just paint?

• Whatever you are happiest and comfortable with which seems like no make up to me is the best route for anyone to take - Not weird at all to not like make up.

• It's the reverse it's actually good that you don't. Sure a little lipstick wouldn't hurt once in a while, but other than that, no problem. Don't let females push their insecurities on you

• If you don't want to wear it you shouldn't have to

• Of course not. You don't need makeup. This is not rule. This is your life. Live as you wish :)

• Will you like to go out with me...

What Girls Said 12

• Not bad at all...
    I get it. No problem with that. Those that have a problem with that are projecting their own insecurities onto you for some nutty reason.
    Your skin will thank you for not using makeup in the long run. Moisturizer is most important!

• I wear make-up for fun! But on a regular day I don't wore anything. Sometimes I just want people to see my zits cuz its soo red but thats about it! You can have choice...

• Nah, if you're comfortable without makeup, don't wear it. Just do what you feel like. The girls I talk to say they wear it for fun, to cover insecurities, or to feel pretty around guys. If it's not fun for you, you're not insecure without it, and you're happy with the attention you already get from guys, then it's pointless to wear makeup.
    I usually don't wear it either except for special events, and I'm 21, so we're in the same boat. :P

• Your better off without it. I have to believe it's better to let your skin just breath. I hardly wear any either but when I do and try to get fancy for him, my boyfriend tells me I look better w/o. 😞

• Of course guys don't care! Guys care more about the body then the face.

Makeup is a form of expression, or to make someone feel more comfortable with themselves.

You do you, Girl! Whatever it is.

I think make-up is just something fun and relatable to other women. Maybe they want to relate to you and they can't find anything in common and they want you to enjoy what they enjoy. Just humor them, or embrace what they love, but that doesn't mean to compromise yourself.

• nah you re lucky.
    on casual days I don t wear makeup much maybe maximum foundation cause my skin ain t always grand.
    but when I go out for dinner/pub etc I always wear makeup.
    It s good you re confident to go without it.

• Same here!! The most I usually wear is tinted moisturizer but that's it! Just ignore other girls! If you think you look good then that's all that matters

• Its perfectly fine if you don't wear it. I'm really interested in makeup experimenting with it and shit but I don't wear it every day.

• Nah girl it's better for ur skin and wallet

• It's fine. You're 20. It's not like you need it.

• If it ain't broke why fix it and if you don't need need it why wear it.

• Not bad at all! Totally your decision!

I don't shame other women for going without make up, I just find it surprising when a woman tells me that she wears no make up. I don't wear a lot of makeup, but every day I have to put concealer under my eyes because of the dark spots. Dark spots under the eyes are very common in women, so I usually just assume that all women use concealer. So it's surprising when someone says they don't. But I would never tell someone they should wear it.