Is anyone else just really tired of how ridiculous/ ugly 'fashion' is these days?

I'm just getting pretty sick of it, this sort of came to my attention about earlier last year when a friend seemed genuinely shocked I don't go to many daft places such as HotTopic or Primark for clothes, I just don't like how any of it looks, seems like the normal demographic these days is a 'cheeky nandos lad' with a iced jem haircut that or daft tyedye shirts with pugs all over because it's 'hip', As he runs his own clothing company he showed me a few designs and literally most of them and what's out there just look like something a 10 year old secret bisexual would wear to a nightclub.

I'm just genuinely sick of it.

Jesus, now I'm starting to sound like my Grandad..

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

• Haha I completely agree to this. I refuse to do that nazi haircut thing all the dudes are going for. And that groomed -perfectly- symetric beard too. Don't even get me started on clothing...

I don't get pissed off though, I mean, same thing could be said about the 80's disco thing for example. Trends keep coming and going. And I think you can look good without having to wear or style that way.

What Girls Said 12

• I don't know I think it's nice overall. Although there are some things I hate, because I can't wear those styles at all and it's most dresses these days fall into 2 categories

1) no cleavage. If you have a bigger chest those dresses that have no cleavage and rather a neckline look absolutely horrendous and hardly ever fit. Yet somehow most are like that. Like this one

www.littleluxurylist.com/.../...n-Cheap-Living.jpg

nice dress, nice pattern, good waistline, good length but the cleavage... uhhh so frustrating

2) squared dresses. No one looks good in them, not even the model. Yet somehow they are everywhere. What happened to dresses with a flattering waist line?

www.trelisecooperonline.com/.../9943.jpg

But there are some nice ones as well. I like the high waisted kind of fashion and that longer skirts are coming in style again

27.media.tumblr.com/...lyjg46nEgo1r7dxuxo1_500.png

• Yeah, I'm not too wild about today's fashion either. Oddly enough, I am a huge fan of '80s fashion and I always skim Goodwill for unwanted '80s clothes, the more angular shoulder pads the better! I am usually not a very fashionable person and can be found in jeans and a T-shirt most of the time, but what little fashion I do care about is ridiculous '80s fashion. It is quirky just like me, haha.

• its not that bad its just different!

• People like to wear different things.

• Sounds like you don't like ONE style of clothes. A style that most people don't even wear lol

• It probably just isn't your style. Why are you so... passionate about this topic, if I might ask?

• OI OI

CHEEKY NANDOS

• OMG its refreshing to hear someone else say that! my girlfriend and i have been talking about that for about 2 years now! i can't stand these horrendous patterns in these insane colors that are impossible to match anything to. i call it all the "party rock" fashion era (bcuz it got out of hand after that song blew up). i understand fashions come and go and all, but this one is DEF. not for me

• Lol your right fashion is not even fashion. I feel like it's art and craft hour.

• YES YES YES !!

• Random question, what country are you from? Because the slang you used doesn't sound American.

Anyway yeah especially when it comes to girls' clothes. A lot of women don't even wear what looks good on them or suits their body type anymore, they just look at whatever their favorite instagram model has on and buys it without a thought. That's why I love 50s fashion, it has much more of a feminine and flattering shape to it. The styles these days are boxy, and unless you have glass shattering curves that pop out no matter what you're wearing, it's not flattering.

• I'm from England, It's like 3 in the morning where I am so I probably should be sleeping by now, but hey-ho.

I can agree, I usually go for smarter looking clothes or jackets reminiscent of older times, last year when I visited London I felt fantastic, with the rest of my class I just feel like I'm in preschool.

• Oh my apologies, those sayings are oddly quite used a ton over here, it gets on my nerves sometimes.

I agree, the only time I did see someone in a smart jacket around my old campus it tends to be the same guy with special needs and a fedora arguing with himself loudly, the rest tend to wear those snapback hats or football jerseys, I do feel society is just going backwards sometimes.

• Lol there you go with the English slang again. We call em baseball caps xD
      I think more guys should start wearing vests casually, I know one guy who does and it makes me pray the others follow suit.

amiloszportraits.com/.../...8a7ef4fc6d96d6051d.jpg

• This was a beautiful rant

Totally agree with you.

What Guys Said 4

• Hey you sound like a kid to me - Just leave it at to each their own then wear stuff you feel comfortable and happy in.

• i don't really care. i like that people decide for themsleves and don't follow trends as much anymore

• I agree. We're in an era of undercuts and revoltingly colorful clothing. Let's hope it passes soon.

• I agree the fashion today is terrible.