I'm getting a industrial piercing, how much will it hurt you think?

It's the bar piercing. And I'm just wondering how much you think it will hurt ^_^

I have my ears pierced but that was done so many years ago, I don't even remember if it was painful
I got the piercing and it didn't really hurt, it hurts a bit afterwards tho

Most Helpful Guy

• I've heard industrial piercings can hurt because it's basically two piercings, and they've got to get the angle right and put the jewelry through both of the new holes. The pain will depend on your pain threshold and the ability of your piercer.

Most Helpful Girl

• I haven't got an industrial piercing, I only have a helix piercing and a tragus piercing and several other piercings on my ear lobes and my nose. The piercing on the ear cartilage parts are more painful than the ones on softer part (ear lobes or nose). So you have to clean it frequently, don't touch it or at least try to avoid to touch it as much as possible. I touched my helix piercing a lot so it took me so looooooong to heal. And don't turn your head to the direction of your piercing when you sleep. Clean the piercing with the spray (it's like salt water), should be fine. I love piercing (to some extend), so I'm sure it will look great on you!

What Guys Said 3

• Not going to lie but I think it will hurt - Area of actual piercing much tougher with cartilage rather than actual skin like most piercings

• Be four moments of pain ( Hopefully dulled) And some pressure.

• Welll just imagine getting a nail screwed into your ear, then dull it down a bit.

• Have you ever thought about smaller gauges. (Think thats how you spell it). Just the smaller ones the big ones are nasty.

• My mama that is.

• That's what my mum said about piercings, she never mentioned tattoos tho

What Girls Said 4

• I have a friend who got it done and she said it hurt a lot but I guess it also depends on your pain tolerance in general.
    Anyway it's pretty cool, I thought about getting it as well but for some reasons my ear piercings always get infected so it's probably not worth it for me :P

• That looks HELLA painful. Not only is it going through cartilage, but at that diameter, it seems like it'd hurt a lot just going through the ear lobe.
    Just remember to keep your piercing hole clean!

• I haven't had it, but doubt it hurts at all.

• How's your pain tolerance?

It'll hurt after you get it done and it'll be a little sore and senstive for a long time.

It took a a few months till my ear felt completely normal