Can bigger girls wear crop tops?

Yeah so I was wondering if I could wear a crop top. I just weighed myself yesterday and I lost a couple more pounds (Last time I weighed myself I was 192 and now I'm 178, and I'm 5'7"). I brought this cute grey sweater crop top at Aeropostale and I want to wear it with a cute skater skirt. Can I or am I still too fat? :( Should I save it as a reward or something? Thanks in advance.

Most Helpful Guy

• Meh I actually don't like crop tops in general. They just sort of ruin the image of the girl to me. Takes away the body shape and exposes the mystery of the stomach

In other words: Wear what u want but if people judge u it's because u chose to wear it. Not saying it's right but that's society.

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 15

What Girls Said 22

• If you want to wear it and feel comfortable in it, wear it. There will always be someone telling you that you're not good enough, so ask for forgiveness instead of permission.

• Go for it. Match it with high waisted pants or skirts, you'll look fabulous.

www.gorgeautiful.com/.../...-by-Ashley-Stewart.jpg

• Yes exactly what I was gonna do. :) Haha. Then when I lose a couple sizes I can just let it all hang out haha.

• You can wear anything you want. There's no body type that's right or wrong for whatever trend. If you like it wear it :)

• Well, it's not against the law or anything!

• i reckon give it a go, and depending on how u feel, either rock it or save it as motivation =]

• Ok I tried it on and my mom said it looked nice :) I sized it up so it wouldn't look too revealing on me. Thanks it looks like this

www.aeropostale.com/.../product.jsp

• well momma knows best right? :) oh i love that kinda stuff!
      good colour. like i said, if u feel confident around the tummy area, then rock it! if not, give it another 10lbs or so.

• I have one! (:

• What do you wear it with

• yeah I seen it before its just I am too lazy haha! (: I dunno I am more comfort before fashion kinda of person! Don't worry a lot of big girls wear crop top include myself! (: I say you only live once so do whatever makes you happy!

• Ok thanks for the tips!

• "Bigger girls" can wear whatever the hell they damn please because it's their bodies! Don't let others judge you for something dumb like that. You are beautiful so show it off with some nice fashion! Be yourself and love yourself. Other girls with the same issue will appreciate it because you'll be encouraging them to do the same.

• To be honest I think it really depend son your body shape. I wouldn't even wear a crop too cause I have a gut. If you feel comfortable in it then wear it.

• It really isn't about the number it's how your body actually looks but you could probably wear one & look good

• I have and gave little to no fucks doing it ;)

• Fuck yeah. GO FOR IT!

• Yes, Any girl can wear whatever they like! Don't worry about what other people say. 😊

• Do what you want girl.

• i think its gonna be fine... you can wear it

• First, YAYYYY on your weight loss
    www.sharegif.com/.../...r_ml87q0tkrp1re3x32o1_.gif
    second, you most certainly can!

• It depends how it looks. You might have A pretty flat stomach for all we know. I weight about 147 pounds and I'm 5''4. I wouldn't wear crop tops because my stomach is wide and not toned. On the other hand another girl who is the same weight might look good wearing one.

• I don't want my whole stomach hanging out I want to look sophisticated in it. My stomach is kinda toned but it is not all the way flat like this

www.debshops.com/.../1003013

• Ok that doesn't look too bad

• Thanks 😝 You can wear crop tops if you want though. I would just show a little bit because I realize my whole belly hanging out isn't a good look lol

• If you are comfortable in your body wear as you please. Personally I don't approve of crop tops but that's just me

• Not really. I mean I see young girls 12-15 wearing shirts that barely cover the band of there bra. I think people have gotten cropped and half shirts mixed up. A cropped top shows a peek a skin not your whole entire stomach. I like crop tops like those not half shirts but I wouldn't wear them.

No offense to anyone but to girls who wear crop tops all the time you know the ones where you can see you whole stomach I personally think they just want attention.

• Oh I see. I don't like those ones either.

• wear it girl werk it 😂

• I think crop tops look good if the person's belly isn't so "out there".

• Save it as a reward

• I think you should wear it ! You'll look awesome!

• That outfit sounds super cute

I think aslong as your stomach isn't completely out and you're only showing slight midriff you'll be fine.
    Goodjob on the weight loss and I hope you get to your ideal body ☺️