How hard/tight do you tie your SHOE LACES?

Mine would be "Tight" & "Pretty tight". Explain why, best answer gets an MHO.

• NOT tight, aslong as my feet are in the shoe
  • Not tight but TIGHT ENOUGH so my feet don't get out of the shoes when i walk
  • Tight, somewhere IN BETWEEN. Not too HARD & NOT TOO SOFT
  • Pretty tight, i feel like i have a better control of my stability on the ground this way
  • VERY TIGHT, it can't get "tighter". Sometimes it even hurts but it's a habit.

Most Helpful Girl

• I like them as tight as possible so I don't have to re tie them.

Most Helpful Guy

• Pretty tight. I am fast mover so I need to be sure my shoes are ready for anything.

What Girls Said 6

• Ironically, if yr sneakers are too small, you actually need to lace them tighter.

If yr sneakers are too small they will tend to smash yr toes together in the toe-box. To keep that from happening, you'll want extra tension pulling yr foot into the heel of the shoe. Which means tighter lacing along the whole shoe, but especially closer to the toe (so yr foot can't slip forward).
    Counterintuitive but true. The bigger the sneakers, the more you can get away with loose laces.

Also, most of y'all probably wear shoes that are too small.
    There are 3 things that are most important in fitting a sneaker:
    #1: the narrowest part of yr foot should fit the narrowest part of the shoe,
    #2: the widest part of yr foot should fit the widest part of the shoe,
    #3: yr heel should be up against the heel of the shoe.
    Notice that THE POSITION OF YR TOES HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH WHETHER YR SHOES FIT.

Look at yr little toe. Does it curve inward, toward the rest of yr foot? If so, then, congratulations, you've been wearing shoes that are too small for at least 10 years, probably longer.

• Thanks, i learned a lot. LOL

• @TheHooptyMiata LOL don't beg, rule number one!

• Yeah, yeah. LOL we all have our moments of weakness. (;

• I used to tie them super tight, but now I tie them somewhat loosely. I like being able to slip in and out of my shoes and not have to tie them and then untie them when I want to take them off and then tie them again when I put them back on. If I don't do that exact process and don't untie them when I take them off, it is really hard to force my feet back into my shoes because the laces are too tight.

• As tight as possible so I can avoid having to retying them over and over again because they're less likely to come a loose.

You go over and back, left to right, loop-de-loop, and you pull them tight. Like bunny ears or a Christmas bow you lace them up and you're ready to go 👟 😊

• I tie my shoes pretty tightly, though usually not to the point of pain. Part of it is because I have narrow feet and really dislike when my shoes slip around. It's distracting and feels unstable. Part of it is because it feels like a hug for my feet. :)

• D - pretty tight - easier to walk faster in better fitting shoes.

• Are we still talking about shoe laces here? Lol

What Guys Said 6

• I voted A. But it's not really my "preference", but rather a side effect of the fact that I work in other people's houses, and many people have a "no shoes in the house" policy that I have to respect - and even sometimes when they don't, my shoes are dirty and I have to take them off. That also means that every time I need a tool or supply from the work van, I have to put them on again, which might be 20 times during a job.

For that reason, I need to be able to get my shoes on and off quickly, and that means loose laces, at least on my work shoes.

• Loose enough for me to slip the shoe on but tight enough that it doesn't fall off. I only tie a shoe once.

• I wear Sperry Topsider Halyard sneakers a lot, so I don't often have laces at all. I have a few lace-up sneakers though, and most of them I tie just medium tightness I guess. Usually it's loose enough to take on and off without tying/untying every time.

• Not sure if "tight" is thw word we're looking for here..
    but I tie my shoes with a double bow.. worked for me so far.

• I tie mine tighter than a Nun's vagoo

• My boots resist all attempts at being laced.