Who is responsible for current trend of male body hair removal?

Have you ever noticed how less hairy / smooth bodied the guys have become these days. Ok I agree most men naturally aren't as hairy as they used to be some 70 years back but yet men are the hairier gender and still do grow hair on chest and arms and legs.
But mostly we all see a perfect hairless torso hardly noticeable hair on arms and legs. Some even shave the groin totally bald. Wtf dude.
Why do men want a smooth skin as that of females?
Fellow girls, how do you view the current smooth very less hairy male? Sexually arousing and pleasing to your senses?
I don't know I would rather be with a hairy teddy than a smooth Ken doll.
You?

• I am a girl and I would prefer a smooth Ken doll.
  • I am a guy and I like being Ken.
  • I am a girl and I like hairy teddy.
  • I don't mind either. Both Ken and Teddy are equally sexy

Most Helpful Guy

• I naturally don't have hair. I have very little hair on my forearms. No hair on the chest and a small happy trail. I do have hairy shins but that's about it. I don't shave or anything it's just how I am :(

• So you are extremely lucky guy, why showing sad face in the end?
      It's what majority of women want and like. You are the choice of majority of females of all age groups. Awesome na.

• Well you don't need to feel less manly at all dear. You are the best I guess. See how many women like smoothies and hairies go through pain and money wastage to get what you naturally have. So be proud.

• Don't worry! Body hair on a man looks manly, but not having body hair naturally doesn't make you any less manly at all. It's just a visual thing. A lot of girls like that so go with it :)

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm the same, i don't get it either.

• Well finally someone is supporting me. I wouldn't even mind being with a hairy teddy. How about you?

• yeah it's no big deal. i mean monospacing on some parts is nice too but not everywhere. i don't find it attractive at all on arms and legs particularly.

• Manscaped chest and abs or waxed?
      Trimmed legs thighs? Or bushy legs n thighs?

What Guys Said 12

• In the world of physique bodybuilding/fitness modeling, it's pretty commonly understood to shave body hair that is in the way of aesthetics and muscle definition. having a bush of forearm hair does get in the way.

• I never seen a competition where guys were hairy bro,😂😂😂 their all extra smooth! (No homo) they use nair I think, or so I've herd.

• We want our bromance to be made public <3 we aren't ashamed lol
      @mrLi0n

• I agree!😂😂👌🏽👍🏽💪🏽

• because most people work white collar desk jobs. some companies don't even allow facial hair. as for chest hair and shit, it just followed. clean face equals clean body. i hate hair. it's just gross. i'm not that hairy to begin with either, thank god.

• I'm just naturally not hairy.

• Cool good for you dude.

• Idc what chicks think lol I pull them like my first set of deadlift weight, I don't really have hair on chest or anywhere but forearm but I don't shave it however I do keep my dick smooth lol because I like keeping it that way and I am tall jacked athletic I don't think anyone would consider it "femine" on me lol and even if they did, idc I still pull lol

• I think a lot of women just want to get even. They think " If we have to be hairless then so do the men".

• I'm pretty much a hairy dude. Full beard, chest hair, forearm, armpit hair, and legs hair. I don't mind body hair that much but I do shave my chest and privates though.

• Beard looks good... you could grow it out even further and rock that. Don't get tempted to shave it! lol

• Everything anyone does is because someone out there cares. Women dont usually prefer hair... its that simple. Also interestingly its usually the younger girls concerned about their guys having smooth bodies.

• I have hairless arm, but it's naturally hairless :(

• Good great that's awesome.

• Some dude voted "he's a girl and he likes being ken doll" 😂😂😂😂😂🙈👎🏽

• I'm a guy and there's certain places I do and don't like hair on my body but that's just me, I like hair on my legs and I keep it trimmed low around my private area, I don't like hair on my ass, that's just... I dunno just not attractive to me nor to most women. I don't like hair on my back and under my arm pits and on my neck.

(I've actually never had hair grow on my ass, back,) but I'm a cyclist so I lit smooth or low cut... All that hair makes me feel like a fuckin house pet and hair carries order and parasites 😖

• I'm a hairy fucker with a hairy chest, hairy legs, a hairy butt and a light hairs on my arms. I also have a beard and if women don't like it? Hahaha like I give a single fuck what women like. I am sexy and I like fucking myself.

• My legs are hairy in patches. I do not like the idea of shaving them because men suppose to look natural not slave to the fashion industry.

• Women's liberation... and by extension female influence on society which is slowly turning men gay

• Yep, dude, I say a silent thank-you to Susan B. Anthony every time I run my fingers over my husband's decadently rippled rectus abdominis.

... WHAT?

• @redeyemindtricks Lmfao Anon is a misogyny troll. You see him around. Just follow the trail of nonsense XD

• Nobody can deny the feminization of men in the west.

I'm tired of your spam and unwanted notifications, so I'm going to close this comments section.

What Girls Said 12

• I prefer a hairy guy, not gorilla status but I need body hair. It looks like a 12 yr old when a guy gets rid of all his hair, not for me.

• " need body hair" lol. Yeah. For what purpose do you need it , ;)
      Okay what's your limit or ideal hairiness?
      And out of two ie Ken or teddy which would you prefer?

• Thanks you made me feel better and increased my self worth a bit. I hope you are really ik with some real amount of male body hair, since I have tons of it.

• Yeah one not my exes had a hairy back and pretty hair chest. He used to shave it but I got him to stop.

• I like hair on men only on certain areas: head, face, arms and legs.

Crotch - don't care either way.

Chest and back - nope.

• So, I wonder about this. What if a man shaves his chest, but has SUPER hairy legs? What then?

To me, that would just look like one of those flip books we had as kids, with all the half pages to mix and match. LOL Some centaur shit, there.

Wouldn't you appreciate shaved legs, or at least somewhat-trimmed legs, in such an instance?

• @redeyemindtricks

I grew up around mostly smooth men and I do like it smooth too, but if it was hairy in my specified areas, I wouldn't be grossed out.

An extremely hairy crotch would be an ick, though. Moderately hairy, trimmed or shaved is fine to me.

• "Do you know any such smoothies here?"

Well, I don't know where "here" is, but... fitness boys and dancers, they bout that.
      If yr tastes run more toward the alt side, then there you've got boys who're open to a whole wide world of body mods. (:

Last not least, this is the sort of thing that's pretty freakin easy to, uh, gently encourage with feminine wiles, and all that shit. I mean, how many men are really gna stubbornly defend their thigh hair, at the cost of hot luvin? LOL

• Hairy teddy all the way

• I don't mind hair on their arms and legs, but I don't like hairy chest.

• Hairy arms as those of Robin Williams and similar hairy legs?

• Not a hatred lol. Just a preference. If by super hairy you mean it looks like fur, then no lol. I expect to see hair, but not that much.

• I already told super hairy as in Andy Garcia and Robin

• I think some people are attributing manscaping to the metrosexual fad.

I really don't care what he does as long as it doesn't turn into an obsession or something. It's his hair. He can make his own decisions.

• The world really is trying to convince itself that we aren't humans. Lol. Girls don't poop and guys aren't hairy. LMAO.

• "Girls don't poop and guys aren't hairy" :p
      Why comparing girls poop with male body hair ;) :o
      Do you mean to say that male body hair is equivalent to girls poop ;)

• I mean it's apart of being human. Lol.

• Hair follicles take root in adipose tissue. When you lean out, you will lose a lot of yr body hair naturally.

• Like, literally. You start to approach single-digit bodyfat %, boys, a lotta that hair will just go away. Vanish into the aether.

• Didn't get it.

• Only the fittest 1% or so of men have any less hair now than in the '80's. Those, the √©lite, the physically fittest men, have less hair now because they are leaner. (The emphasis of men's fitness has shifted from big guns to lean n' mean.)

The other 99% look as unremarkable as ever, and have changed little. No more or less hirsute.

• I think both are attractive (including very hairy) so I'd be cool with whatever my guy sported. But I like body hair on a man a lot. If he naturally doesn't have much, it's okay too.

My guess is trends for more fitness and athletics popularized male body hair removal since it shows muscles more clearly. Porn and professional work standards probably play a role too as people tend to associate hairy and less hygienic nowadays for whatever reason.

• "But I like body hair on a man a lot", makes me feel a lot better about my body.

• Okay. So, the girls who admit to dislike hairy guys can dare to date us and then accept us fully if we wax and remove the hair as per their choice? Or would being very hairy hinder them to even know us and take things further?

• And that's pleasing to hear that lot of hair is seen as very manly by some women like you.
      So, are you White lady?

• Hmmm... feminists?

• I like hair on men. I think society is really trying to push us all into being androgynous anyway.

• I don't know. But the Ken doll seems more appealing to me.

• Why are you even confused about it. Obviously hairy teddy is icky , lol. So don't think twice about saying that smooth kens are appealing and sexually arousing.

• hairy teddy all the way

• ;) seriously even you? What's your definition of a hairy teddy, and ever seen or been with such teddy?

• Nice to hear this from a woman.