Girls, At what age did you learn about this?

At what age did you learn about bras? Who told you about them?

16

Most Helpful Girl

• 11-13. I always knew about them just never really believed I'd need them one day. I just didn't think I'd ever grow up. The day came and I just sort of told my mom it was time and I needed some. So we went out and got some. I started with cami's (tank top with a lining / elastic thing in it) and moved up from there fairly quickly.

• Then someone must of told you about them if you knew about them before you started wearing then.

• Sure, my mom was open about wearing them, I had older female cousins, heard about it / saw them in books, movies, tv shows, pop culture etc. They were something I just always knew about. Just didn't know about sizes, or how to put it on, or what types there are. That I had to learn gradually.

• Ok very cool!

What Girls Said 15

• I was obsessed with my boob's as a young girl so I learned way before I had boob's and I learned from just about everything.

• I knew about bras since I was a wittle baby. My mom is always walking around the house half naked, so as soon as I could talk I probably asked her about it and she told me. I remember asking her when I would get one too, and she just said when your boobs get bigger. haha pretty open childhood in my opinion

• 12/13...
    My mom...

• I learned by like 1st grade. #DisneyChannel

• I started wearing them at 9 years old, I remember crying because all the boys used to tease me about it. 😂😂

• I've had to wear adult bras since I was like 8.

• I feel like I can't remember a time when I didn't know so I was very young when I learned, also I don't think I was educated on bras it was just a tim I knew girls had to wear because we have boobs

• Fare enough some girls do get educated on them because after all puberty is a confusing phase.. Most common questions : what are they? And why do I have to wear them.

• I'm not sure honestly, I started wearing one at like 8 or 9

• I was 8 when I got my first bra. I already grew boobs then. My mother gave me my first bra.

• I learned about bras very young like younger than 10. I thought they were cool, that is until I had to get one myself.

• 15, just searching around in the internet

• I've always knew about them, my mother's bra were/and still are/ always everywhere in the house. When I was little I was playing with them but she was mad at me when I done that xD

• Like 9. From the Internet.

• I was 10. I remember developing early and my mom explained things to me. She asked if I wanted to try wearing one of those small training bra type of things, so I did. I felt more comfortable, since no one else was developed yet and I felt self conscious.

• I guess I always knew that they existed. I started actually wearing one at 9. The first one was just for coverage. I grew slow until I was 11 when I started to feel them bounce and get annoying so I got measured as a 34B, by 12 I hit 34D then I got a 34DD at some point and wore it way longer than I should! After years of squeezing into it I got measured at 16 for a 32F now I wear a 32G.