Why are belts for men so expensive?

I want to buy one for my boyfriend but I have no idea from where. All the belts I found online are above 100 dollars. I'm on a student budget. Anywhere to shop for belts less expensive, or would they be too cheap?

Most Helpful Guy

• I go to Marshals or TJ Max, timberlin makes a nice one, the most I spend is $20

• Thank you I'll check these out! Do you know if Dockers or Florsheim are good brands? They have reasonable prices.

• Dockers should be but I'm not familiar with the other one, just make sure it's real leather, the buckles are also what makes it expensive too, I have a plain buckle leather belt from the Gap also that was reasonable

• Alright thank you very much!

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 9

• Because usually they're presents and people look less at prices when buying something for a person they like.
    The price is what the market will bear, NOT the cost of manufacture + profit.

• Go to primark (or an equivalent cheap shop). The quality there is still good. Alternatively a standard high street store - if you're from the UK i can give reccomendations; belts are about 40 dollars there.

• Seriously? Wow! You can buy a belt in the UK for like a tenner (£10) :p And about £20 for a nicer, leather one.

• Most aren't that expensive, mabye $20-$25 average. American Eagle has nice ones that's where I get mine

• Department stores are like 40 or less. Many times on sale.

• Because some are made of nice leather and good craftsmanship.

• 100 dollars? Where are you shopping? I get mine for 20 bucks.

• i buy belts for 5 dollars. wtf are you doing?

What Girls Said 3

• BC u need to shop at ebay. com

• Have you tried shopping somewhere like walmart? Or even hot topic or a store like that

• Walk into Macy's and steal a belt, by putting in your jeans and walking out