How much do looks and fashion have on attraction?

I'm 18 years old and I'm wondering how much looks and fashion have on attraction, as opposed to personality. I have always believed that girls like guys that are good looking but is it more the personality that counts?

Most Helpful Girl

• Physical attraction is immediate. But you can get to know that person and then not find them attractive anymore.

and vice versa. You can like not pay attention to somebody and then they surprise you and you love their personality and then find them attractive.

i'm immediately attracted to tall guys. Especially if they are pudgy/chubby haha. But if they are an asshole, of course I'm not going to like them anymore!

so they go hand in hand I guess. Physical attractiveness gives you that first ticket in, but if the guy is a jerk, in the end, it doesn't matter how attractive he is.

if you feel unattractive, but are a good guy, nice, caring, funny, smart, etc. Don't worry :) lots of girls are stupid. But the right one(s) will find you :)

What Girls Said 3

• Looks catch my attention. Tall, lean, tan skin, and dark long hair are all excellent things.

However, I don't really judge how attractive I find a person until I talk to them. A guy can be aesthetically pleasing as all get out, but if he opens his mouth and sounds like an idiot or an asshole, he's not attractive at all.

• You have to have a kick ass personality, but also be attractive to the other person, at least a little bit. I have dated guys that I wouldn't call hot, but I was attracted to something about them as well as their personality.

• Personality. I don't really find guys that attractive until I start liking their personality.

What Guys Said 2

• Short term, looks get you started. The better looking people get most of the initial attention.

You want a date? Clean up, get in shape, make the most of what you got. And act nice and friendly, not like a jerk.

But long term, you have to develop a personality or else you'll either bore or bother whomever you attracted. No personality is dull. While a negative personality is even worse.

As for fashion, it matters to dress appropriately and look like you care about yourself. Especially at that initial "looks" stage. Other than that, it's not as important as the person under the clothes. Meaning, I really do think your fashion sense matters too much at all once you've won somebody's heart. If she likes you (or if you really like her) usually you don't care too much about their style. And if you do, and let it affect your relationship, well, it's not a very strong relationship now is it?

• For most girls, like most guys looks matter a lot at first. Eventually though personality becomes far more important.