Why do people shower/bathe so frequently when deodorant exists?

Why do people shower/bathe so frequently (once a day, once every other day, etc.) when deodorant exists?

I personally only shower/bathe/clean/wash myself once a week, but I apply deodorant several times throughout the day (about every 3-4 hours) and change my clothes regularly.

Most Helpful Girl

• Well having a shower in the morning is the best way to wake up and we sweat through out or sleep and i dunno about you but I don't wake up feeling the nicest. and then people shower when they come home from work/school to kinda wash away the day. you should wear deodorant throughout the day to keep you smelling fresh from morning till evening kinda thing... kinda gross if you're only using deodorant for days... people smell even if you don't smell yourself. some people are more aware and like to keep on top of personal hygiene and there is nothing wrong with that.

Most Helpful Guy

• Lol cause you still become dirty. Especially if you are physically active rather than barely move. If you aren't doing anything and barely sweating because of it then you can probably go a week or even 2 weeks with just deodorant but being that physically inactive is sad. Most people stay active by going to work and even going to the gym or playing sports in their free time.

What Girls Said 18

• Putting deodorant on an unwashed funky body doesn't help you smell good.

People who don't shower at least one time a day are nasty. Some of you say you don't "need" to shower because you don't sweat or smell strong. I guarantee you are being talked about behind your back. You cannot smell clean and fresh if you're not showering once a day minimum.

• Deodorant simply masks odour, it doesn't make you clean.

• Because deodorant doesn't clean your body, it just blocks odors for a while.

• That's just nasty. #showerdaily

• I do it because they're relaxing and I love them.
    I can stay in a bath for 30 minutes reading and listening to music

• Because you're more than just an armpit.

• Umm Basically because Deodorant is not enough?
    Please don't pull a Louis 14 move! lol

• Really? That's just freakin! Gross dude!

• Aggressively rubbing on gunky antiperspirant under your arms doesn't actually take dirt and sweat off your skin.

• Deodorant doesn't clean your body. You're still covered in sweat and dirt at the end of the day if you wear deodorant.

• Deodorant doesn't erase body odor

• You're nasty!

• that's not enough for some people.

• Body odor.

• Because we aren't disgusting.

• Because your underarms aren't the only thing that can produce a bad smell or get dirty...

• EW, that would be so gross

• Because it's not made to replace taking a shower.

What Guys Said 13

• You build up dead skin and oils on your skin, and you can also grow bacteria in various spots on your body. Eventually, deodorant won't hide the smell. There's more to it, but that alone should be enough to make you want to shower. Personally, I shower at least once a day, and sometimes more (before work, and then sometimes after, if I get really dirty at work, or if I'm going out). It's really just the healthy thing to do if you have sufficient access to running water.

• Because our bodies have natural oils and scent that can build up even with deodorant.

• Because it makes you FEEL clean. I think of deodorant as the "for when I'm out of time" last option. I wear deodorant normally any way, just having a shower gives me another sense of cleanliness that cannot come from just deodorant. How do you feel after waking up? clean? maybe. try smelling the clothes you slept in after having a shower and you will tell the difference.

• Some countries don't have deodarant but I agree we shouldn't take showers we should all just use deodorant.

• Deodorant covers the musty scent, but washing ur skin actually cleans your body!

• Maybe they don't like aluminum in their armpits?

• I get caked in metal dust. Washing every few days would not work. I'd look light pigpen

• Even with depderant I still stink after a day without showering.

• Because that's how they've been conditioned.

• Cause there's this thing called hygiene

• I.. rarely use deodorant since I shower everyday.

• Freshness.
    I take shower daily otherwise I feel myself so dirty

• To wash off all the dirt besides deodorant is only good for under your arms and perhaps chest