What does "cute" actually mean?

I get called "cute" all the time. I'm not being big headed but I am a good looking guy. Before anyone says anything it is definitely not meant in a way as in "awww look at him he's cute." I heard someone last night tell her friend that I was "cute" but later on I heard the same girls describe someone else they knew as "hot." What is the difference between "hot" and "cute?" Is it age? I'm 23 years old.

Updates:
They didn't say it in a bad way. I wasn't meant to hear them. I didn't know the girls, they were just talking about lads between themselves and then I saw them look at me and overheard them say to each other that I was "cute."

0|0
4|2

Most Helpful Girl

• It could be that you have the look s of a lion, but act like a lamb. Lambs are cute. I guess "hot" refers to someone like Justin Timberlake- looks like a lion and makes girls want to ponce on him like a lion. Cute could be someone who is handsome, yet not thought of as a "player" or anything like that. Or it could be someone who is baby-faced.

1|1
    0|0

What Girls Said 3

• Cute is good looking, but in a less sexual way then hot. It's more sweet and cuddly whereas hot is their looks provoke more passion. Best I can describe it.

3|0
    0|0
  • Hot is more like sexy cute is more adorable

2|0
    0|0
  • Based on my experience throughout life...I've learned (in my experience like I said) cute is for guys who are "good-looking" but not in that hot, sexy kind of way.

I mean its like comparing Brad Pitt = Sexy with Ed Norton = cute

See the difference?

0|0
    0|0
    • I understand what you're saying and agree generally...but seriously have you seen Ed Norton? The guy is ripped. Haha.

• Sure he's ripped but it's the overall appearance...I mean some example of men who have that sex appeal going: Brad Pitt, Gerard Butler, Clive Owen, Hugh Jackman

Guys that have the cute factor going on: Shia Lebeouf, paul walker, orlando bloom etc.

What Guys Said 2

• In my experience "cute" can literally mean anything. Anything. It could be a good thing... then again it could be a bad thing. Who knows? In use of the word "cute" girls are extremely vague and differ in usage from person to person.

1|1
    0|0
    • They didn't say it in a bad way. I wasn't meant to hear them. I didn't know the girls, they were just talking about lads between themselves and then I saw them look at me and overheard them say to each other that I was "cute." I was just curious as to the difference between "cute" and "hot."

• To me cute is easy on the eye. Hot is sexual in my dictionary.

1|0
    0|0