So I have a problem at my school. Almost all the guys at my school seem to go for the girls who look the best. How would I be noticed using makeup?

I really don't like wearing lots of makeup. Sometimes I'll add some mascara or lip gloss, but that's about it. I'm considered average-ish because I wear glasses, I'm not the thinnest, nor will I ever be the prettiest. My older sister is really pretty, so when she went to my high school (she's in uni now), she was basically adored for how pretty and popular she was. I try to be pretty too, but I don't want to drastically change my appearance just to get noticed. But that is all that seems to matter at my school. Any advice on what I should do?

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 3

• You could gradually start doing little things, like trying some very natural-looking eye makeup and gradually start adding more, so it does not appear to be a drastic change. You don't really have to drastically change your appearance to get noticed either, you can just add small things. It is hard to say what would be good to try, as I am no fashion guru myself, but experimenting with makeup and your hair may help you figure out what is flattering and what isn't.
    Also, keep in mind that what people think in high school really isn't what matters! I know it does at the moment because you are still in high school, but everyone has their time in the sun and you may just be a late bloomer. I know I am, as I was never noticed at all in high school and am just now starting to blossom.

• if you have blemishes try foundation and concealer to get that "perfect skin" look. also try something with you're hair like ironing it and also your clothes! you can be stylish at school too but don't let this get you down because guys are always going to be here so focus on you because that's what's most important!

• You should be more patient. You're too young. It's too early to get involved in trying to compete other women.